Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

It has been very profitable for Leaf to do this. So much so that other companies are doing it including start ups. I honestly don't understand it as it is basically people being lazy and having somebody else buy the cards off of eBay for you randomly. You can even find the cards that will be in the product if you know the ebay ID of the people running the companies.

Profitable? Yes. A risk? Yes. Lazy? Well.... I don't know. To put together a solid product is tough, and they've consistently done that.

Sure you can buy the cards off of ebay... But I mean, imagine that feeling when you pull a graded 9.5 Gretzky Rookie... It's a once in a lifetime hit, and I'd take a $200 shot at it :P

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See auktions_welpe's Items on eBay

is dacard going to have it ?
    how do I get the product here (overseas)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Profitable? Yes. A risk? Yes. Lazy? Well.... I don't know. To put together a solid product is tough, and they've consistently done that.

Sure you can buy the cards off of ebay... But I mean, imagine that feeling when you pull a graded 9.5 Gretzky Rookie... It's a once in a lifetime hit, and I'd take a $200 shot at it :P

Well I was referring to the buyers of the product being lazy but it is also lazy on the part of the companies to not produce something new and just buy another companies cards off of eBay and shove it into a box and call it their own.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well I was referring to the buyers of the product being lazy but it is also lazy on the part of the companies to not produce something new and just buy another companies cards off of eBay and shove it into a box and call it their own.

It depends. If you do a high quality buy back product, it takes a lot of time and effort, it isn't something you can just do by sitting on ebay for a month and saying I'll take this and this and this. Some of them they've probably had for a good length of time. They also are getting sketch cards produced, 1 per box, which does take effort to do as well.

And I do not understand how buying this product is "lazy," it's the same as buying a box of anything off the shelf and hoping to get a cool card. You're not going to be able to go on ebay and buy a Gretzky 9.5 RC for $200, a tin of The Cup, etc. I don't have the money for at least 1/4 of the cards that are going to be in this. To me it's worth it. To each their own though!

SCF Rewards
    Country

is dacard going to have it ?
    how do I get the product here (overseas)

I believe so! Same with Chris from the Hobby Box on YT. He normally gets a case or two of it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's it, I'm taking all of my old cards, getting them slabbed and selling them as, "Premium Buy-Backs". My companies slogan will be, "Premium Buy-Backs; Because, let's face it you're OCD and you have a gambling problem. So you'll buy anything."

SCF Rewards
    Country

hockey sketch cards in Leaf Best of Hockey

What are your thoughts on sketch cards in this product? From what I have seen, sketch cards are a much bigger hit in the non-sports entertainment cards such as Star Wars, Marvel, etc...but it seems like they are starting to make appearances in sports releases more often. I have seen very few hockey sketch cards, and I'm not even really sure if there's been a hockey set that had sketch cards. Is this the first? Are you guys looking forward to them or mainly just interested in the buybacks?

SCF Rewards
    Country

The pre-sell price at blowout is $305/box, jou. Kind of more than I expected. Not clear if it is worth a gamble at this price point. My understanding was that basketball did not sell that well for $400, so I was hoping that the hockey price will be in the range of football and baseball prices.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The pre-sell price at blowout is $305/box, jou. Kind of more than I expected. Not clear if it is worth a gamble at this price point. My understanding was that basketball did not sell that well for $400, so I was hoping that the hockey price will be in the range of football and baseball prices.

Well... that's above what I was expecting by $100... not to mention what I know...

SCF Rewards
    Country

What are your thoughts on sketch cards in this product? From what I have seen, sketch cards are a much bigger hit in the non-sports entertainment cards such as Star Wars, Marvel, etc...but it seems like they are starting to make appearances in sports releases more often. I have seen very few hockey sketch cards, and I'm not even really sure if there's been a hockey set that had sketch cards. Is this the first? Are you guys looking forward to them or mainly just interested in the buybacks?

As long as Tempy Moore isn't doing sketches for this product then they should sell pretty well unless the player already has a lot of sketches on the market.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast