Results 1 to 10 of 15
Thread: SPGU Group Break Guide!
01-16-2013, 04:03 PM #1
SPGU Group Break Guide!
Hey guys, after getting the checklist late last night I managed to finish my guide this morning and posted it on the new site for them that is under construction here: http://gbguides.weebly.com
Currently I have a 12/13 Black Diamond and SPGU posted.
Some quick hits from the site:
Flop's Top 3:
- Los Angeles Kings: Well, this makes it two products in a row that I have the LA Kings featured as the #1 overall pick. Why? With a whopping 107 cards in the product, including the net cards which seem to fall 1 per case, they are a can't pass up team. They are the best team in this product hands down.
- St. Louis Blues: Yes, that is right. The Blues a #2. The reasoning? Quantity, with the chance of a huge hit in the Schwartz Rookie /9. 76 cards puts them at a solid number 2, and with some nasty Supreme Materials, you could find yourself very happy.
- Boston Bruins: Two products in a row at the number 3 spot. Why? Quantity and quality. Once again, the Bruins have a few rookies, and also have a fair number of veterans scattered throughout the product. They are the most rounded team in the product.
Go Big Or Go Home
- Montreal Canadiens: They have a modest amount of cards that ranks them at 18 in the entire product for total amount of cards. However, they have some really nice pieces in the product. You may not hit it big every time, but you can get a premium for some of the cards. They also have a Carey Price Shield.
- Edmonton Oilers: 47 cards, a few Gretzky items, and, although they have an average number of cards, they are a team that will be taken higher because of that "Take It To The Bank" potential; in other words, the money cards.
- Washington: The ultimate example of the risk/reward team. Although they only have 24 cards, which ranks them at 25th, they have 2 shields, and big names. They can show up and perform as the best of the best, or be non-existent. Kind of like Alex Semin's playoff performance.
- Dallas Stars: Rookies, volume, and some big names like Jagr, Belfour, make this team a solid pick that will more often than not drop into the late teens.
- Ottawa Senators: Surprisingly, they appear on 59 cards, ranking them 5th of total cards. Hits like Erik Karlsson Draft Day Marks can be found, as well as Jakob Silfverberg and Mark Stone rookies.
- Islanders: This one is hard to believe. They have the same amount of cards as Philadelphia. They also have super high-end hits, like John Tavares Draft Day Marks, some Mike Bossy stuff, and some rookies. Definitely a great team that will drop.
- Honourable Mentions: Calgary Flames, New Jersey, Anaheim Ducks
- Vancouver Canucks: ~19 total cards, albeit some really nice stuff, they will be picked higher than what they should be.
- Phoenix Coyotes: Besides a rookie, Coyotes have practically no cards in this. They're normally a dead team anyways though.
- Winnipeg Jets: A couple more cards than Vancouver, nothing really outstanding to me on the checklist.
The good ol' By The Numbers (amount of cards the team has in the product to my knowledge, putting any Team Canada/All-Star cards with their current team or if they are retired to the team they played the most games for. On the right is my draft order.)breakdown (Numbers on the far right represent the amount of shields each team has):
Los Angeles1073 St. Louis762 Colorado681 Boston603 Ottawa592 Calgary543 Pittsburgh542 Islanders52
Philadelphia523 Rangers511 Dallas502 Edmonton47
New Jersey471 Anaheim462 Nashville44
Detroit391 Montreal391 Toronto38
Washington242 Tampa Bay23
And my personal draft order!1. Los Angeles Kings
2. St. Louis Blues
3. Boston Bruins
4. New York Rangers
5. Colorado Avalanche
6. Pittsburgh Penguins
7. Ottawa Senators
8. Calgary Flames
9. Philadelphia Flyers
10. Edmonton Oilers
11. New York Islanders
12. New Jersey Devils
13. Detroit Red Wings
14. Montreal Canadiens
15. Anaheim Ducks
16. Dallas Stars
17. Toronto Maple Leafs
18. Nashville Predators
19. Washington Capitals
20. Chicago Blackhawks
21. Buffalo Sabres
22. Carolina Hurricanes
23. San Jose Sharks
24. Vancouver Canucks
25. Tampa Bay Lightning
26. Minnesota Wild
27. Winnipeg Jets
28. Columbus Blue Jackets
29. Florida Panthers
30. Phoenix Coyotes
Any questions, feel free to ask me!
01-16-2013, 04:13 PM #2
Wow that must have taken some time to make! Thanks doing that for us :)!
01-16-2013, 04:16 PM #3
01-16-2013, 04:18 PM #4
That's a really cool concept! How long does it take you to put together something like this?
Pretty neat that the Kings have the most (quantity) and arguably some of the very best (quality) cards in the product. Nice blend there.
I'd always take the Habs, though, regardless of their rankings. LOL
01-16-2013, 04:28 PM #5
01-16-2013, 04:41 PM #6
I did 3 breaks last night. I got Columbus, Anaheim and Nashville. Columbus was a waste yielding one dual of Goloubef and I forget the other player. Nashville got me a couple letters and Anaheim wound up with a few single jerseys.
01-16-2013, 04:52 PM #7
Very cool stuff. Yea LA will pay for any break you get them in. I was in 1 break last night and got the RNH Draft Day Marks /10 (redemption) a dual jersey and the Hall Inked Sweater /50
I'm glad I got the Oil but with your list I most likely would have taken a different team. Glad I got lucky
Great job on the list.
01-16-2013, 05:18 PM #8
01-16-2013, 05:23 PM #9
01-16-2013, 05:24 PM #10