Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

SPGU Group Break Guide!

Hey guys, after getting the checklist late last night I managed to finish my guide this morning and posted it on the new site for them that is under construction here: http://gbguides.weebly.com

Currently I have a 12/13 Black Diamond and SPGU posted.

Some quick hits from the site:
    Flop's Top 3:

1. Los Angeles Kings: Well, this makes it two products in a row that I have the LA Kings featured as the #1 overall pick. Why? With a whopping 107 cards in the product, including the net cards which seem to fall 1 per case, they are a can't pass up team. They are the best team in this product hands down.
    2. St. Louis Blues: Yes, that is right. The Blues a #2. The reasoning? Quantity, with the chance of a huge hit in the Schwartz Rookie /9. 76 cards puts them at a solid number 2, and with some nasty Supreme Materials, you could find yourself very happy.
    3. Boston Bruins: Two products in a row at the number 3 spot. Why? Quantity and quality. Once again, the Bruins have a few rookies, and also have a fair number of veterans scattered throughout the product. They are the most rounded team in the product.

Go Big Or Go Home

• Montreal Canadiens: They have a modest amount of cards that ranks them at 18 in the entire product for total amount of cards. However, they have some really nice pieces in the product. You may not hit it big every time, but you can get a premium for some of the cards. They also have a Carey Price Shield.
    • Edmonton Oilers: 47 cards, a few Gretzky items, and, although they have an average number of cards, they are a team that will be taken higher because of that "Take It To The Bank" potential; in other words, the money cards.
    • Washington: The ultimate example of the risk/reward team. Although they only have 24 cards, which ranks them at 25th, they have 2 shields, and big names. They can show up and perform as the best of the best, or be non-existent. Kind of like Alex Semin's playoff performance.

The Sleepers:

1. Dallas Stars: Rookies, volume, and some big names like Jagr, Belfour, make this team a solid pick that will more often than not drop into the late teens.
    2. Ottawa Senators: Surprisingly, they appear on 59 cards, ranking them 5th of total cards. Hits like Erik Karlsson Draft Day Marks can be found, as well as Jakob Silfverberg and Mark Stone rookies.
    3. Islanders: This one is hard to believe. They have the same amount of cards as Philadelphia. They also have super high-end hits, like John Tavares Draft Day Marks, some Mike Bossy stuff, and some rookies. Definitely a great team that will drop.
    4. Honourable Mentions: Calgary Flames, New Jersey, Anaheim Ducks

The Duds:

1. Vancouver Canucks: ~19 total cards, albeit some really nice stuff, they will be picked higher than what they should be.
    2. Phoenix Coyotes: Besides a rookie, Coyotes have practically no cards in this. They're normally a dead team anyways though.
    3. Winnipeg Jets: A couple more cards than Vancouver, nothing really outstanding to me on the checklist.

The good ol' By The Numbers (
    amount of cards the team has in the product to my knowledge, putting any Team Canada/All-Star cards with their current team or if they are retired to the team they played the most games for. On the right is my draft order.)
    breakdown (Numbers on the far right represent the amount of shields each team has):

Los Angeles
    St. Louis
    Colorado
    Boston
    Ottawa
    Calgary
    Pittsburgh
    Islanders

Philadelphia
    Rangers
    Dallas
    Edmonton

New Jersey
    Anaheim
    Nashville

Detroit
    Montreal
    Toronto

Carolina
    Chicago

Minnesota

Buffalo

San Jose

Washington
    Tampa Bay

Columbus

Winnipeg

Vancouver

Florida

Phoenix

And my personal draft order!
    1. Los Angeles Kings
    2. St. Louis Blues
    3. Boston Bruins
    4. New York Rangers
    5. Colorado Avalanche
    6. Pittsburgh Penguins
    7. Ottawa Senators
    8. Calgary Flames
    9. Philadelphia Flyers
    10. Edmonton Oilers
    11. New York Islanders
    12. New Jersey Devils
    13. Detroit Red Wings
    14. Montreal Canadiens
    15. Anaheim Ducks
    16. Dallas Stars
    17. Toronto Maple Leafs
    18. Nashville Predators
    19. Washington Capitals
    20. Chicago Blackhawks
    21. Buffalo Sabres
    22. Carolina Hurricanes
    23. San Jose Sharks
    24. Vancouver Canucks
    25. Tampa Bay Lightning
    26. Minnesota Wild
    27. Winnipeg Jets
    28. Columbus Blue Jackets
    29. Florida Panthers
    30. Phoenix Coyotes

Any questions, feel free to ask me!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

Wow that must have taken some time to make! Thanks doing that for us :)!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow that must have taken some time to make! Thanks doing that for us :)!

No problem! It's not bad with the right tools.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That's a really cool concept! How long does it take you to put together something like this?

Pretty neat that the Kings have the most (quantity) and arguably some of the very best (quality) cards in the product. Nice blend there.

I'd always take the Habs, though, regardless of their rankings. LOL
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's a really cool concept! How long does it take you to put together something like this?

Pretty neat that the Kings have the most (quantity) and arguably some of the very best (quality) cards in the product. Nice blend there.

I'd always take the Habs, though, regardless of their rankings. LOL

Between watching breaks, counting up the cards and stuff to figure out rankings, about 6 hours or so at least. Even though I rarely get in them, I love to help out :)

Also, it can get extremely frustrating when you miss a subset.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

I did 3 breaks last night. I got Columbus, Anaheim and Nashville. Columbus was a waste yielding one dual of Goloubef and I forget the other player. Nashville got me a couple letters and Anaheim wound up with a few single jerseys.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Very cool stuff. Yea LA will pay for any break you get them in. I was in 1 break last night and got the RNH Draft Day Marks /10 (redemption) a dual jersey and the Hall Inked Sweater /50

I'm glad I got the Oil but with your list I most likely would have taken a different team. Glad I got lucky

Great job on the list.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

Very cool stuff. Yea LA will pay for any break you get them in. I was in 1 break last night and got the RNH Draft Day Marks /10 (redemption) a dual jersey and the Hall Inked Sweater /50

I'm glad I got the Oil but with your list I most likely would have taken a different team. Glad I got lucky

Great job on the list.

You lucked out with some solid hits. Edmonton is a go big or go home kind of team as stated above. All players included are high-profile and have a solid bv.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tmlxcrosby87's Items on eBay

Great guide! I myself will use these if you keep making them haha :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great job on the list.

You lucked out with some solid hits. Edmonton is a go big or go home kind of team as stated above. All players included are high-profile and have a solid bv.

Exactly. If you only care about making money, or getting the big hits, then go with the team you know has resale. Sometimes you strike Oil, other times you riot your way out. It's a guide, and not set in stone. Edmonton has a little bit of overhype just with the past few years, but when you hit you hit big with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast