Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See Riley_NBHC's Items on eBay

NHLPA Restricts 2012-13 Rookie Cards

http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/01/...lass-on-cards/
    It kinda sucks but next year's products should be stacked!
    Post how you feel....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

And so the hype for 2013-14 products begins.... hobby will be hurtin' until then, at least we got games to watch. Could be a whole lot worse

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

As long as they keep the products short printed like this year, it'll be fine for the most part. Look for creativity and buybacks to dominate.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See winterempire's Items on eBay

I hope this means redemptions like the Artifacts rookies get held over until next year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

I hope this means redemptions like the Artifacts rookies get held over until next year.

Name 30-40 rookies outside of the ones they've already used :) I think that's your answer lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbuying79's Items on eBay

Not sure how I feel about this. On one side they won't be rushing to try to get everything out the door (tonnes of redemption's) on the other side nothing really exciting for the Rookie crop.

One thing is for sure, my budget for hockey cards went way down.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I guess this explains why Panini has potentially cancelled their products scheduled for later in the season.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See silverdollarcards's Items on eBay

I guess the nhl does not care about the smaller hobby shops who are now going to struggle to pay the bills!!! Just another kick in the pills from the league. That is all...

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Strange decision really and will not help product that reamain to be produce. Who will put money on higher end product at the end of the season. You would have think that card company would have wanted to include those rookie. Maybe since the season will be so loaded, the NHPLA decided it would have been distracting for the rookie to try to sign cards in between two match. But I don't see why the card company would have wanted this.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I guess the nhl does not care about the smaller hobby shops who are now going to struggle to pay the bills!!! Just another kick in the pills from the league. That is all...

That's one way to look at it, I suppose. But when you consider how much autographed content there is to acquire for the late-season releases (and any potential update sets) it could likely have turned into a new level of redemption hell for the card companies. Yes it's unfortunate for the card collectors and the card shops in the short term, but once the 2013-14 products start to roll out there will be a huge increase in business.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast