Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crown Royale, "Weeded" out some bad boxes and Finally "LUCKed" as in Andrew!

2012 Crown Royale has been one of my favorite products as I really like the sihouette cards for this year. I have been fortunate in hitting two super nice RGIII cards. I stopped by both locals yesterday first at local number two to try some more Crown since they had a new case.

These are the Griffin cards:

Bought the first box and hit two, "yes it is Panini" redemptions. Auto of Alfred Morris, rookie auto # 1 and then for a downer I hit my fourth, yes 4th Coby Fleener silhouette redemption. Just how I wanted to start the break! Another Fleener, nothing against him but 4????

At this point the owner and a couple of other guys got to talking about how I had pulled my two RGIII and another guy had pulled an RGIII but from his store going through several cases, zero mem or autos of Luck! Nothing!

On too pack number two:

Hits:

Yes, finally LUCKed out and got at least a jersey card of him.

Silhouette was:

99% one color, not the greatest swatch, but the color is nice.

About ready to give up but I buy one more pack and pay out:

Yuck More Fleener!

But wait, I see blue on the bottom of the silhouette card? Could it be??? I Pulled a Luck jersey just maybe????

# 5/5 Brandon Weeden. At least I got a quarterback!

We get to talking some more and I buy a few packs of Contenders basketball and then as I am heading out the door, I tell the owner to pick out one more pack of Crown:

Well FINALLY!!!

This was the money card in the pack!

LUCKed OUT for sure!

Good luck with your breaks!

great looking luck, weeden and griffins! might as well put the silhouette set together!

Collecting PEYTON MANNING, CAL RIPKEN JR, AUSTIN COLLIE AND CURRENT COLTS
    **IN THAT ORDER, PEYTON TAKES PRIORITY**

Quote Originally Posted by WVcoltsfan View Post
    great looking luck, weeden and griffins! might as well put the silhouette set together!
    I have thought about that very thing, only issue is I have pulled so many different color, blue Weeden, Green Graham, silvers and base it would be a mess to try and get all of one color

If anyone wants to trade, I have the mentioned Coby Fleener redemption card plus a redemption for Bernard Pierce to trade along with this live Ronnie Hillman card:

let's deal!

Thanks for your comments about my break. I was really lucky to pull the Andrew and the RGIII

Nice hit on the Luck and the Weeden Blue

Nice!! if trading a griffin, please cmb!!
    I collect Star QBs, RBs, and any booklets.Hidden Content

MY BUCKET: Hidden Content

Killer hits!

That patch on the first RGIII looks like an 8, maybe a 3? Did they stick the wrong patch in his card? He wears 10, and to my knowledge, always has.

I guess it could be part of his name though.

Weird.
    Hidden Content > Currently trading for: UF Gator alum | Memphis Grizzlies.
    I trade by BV...mostly

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jmintz View Post
    Killer hits!

That patch on the first RGIII looks like an 8, maybe a 3? Did they stick the wrong patch in his card? He wears 10, and to my knowledge, always has.

I guess it could be part of his name though.

Weird.
    When I pulled the card the guys at the local thought it might be part of an "R" in Griffin? Don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by ronfir View Post
    When I pulled the card the guys at the local thought it might be part of an "R" in Griffin? Don't really know.
    Yeah, I bet you're right.
    Hidden Content > Currently trading for: UF Gator alum | Memphis Grizzlies.
    I trade by BV...mostly

Hidden Content

I really like the style of these cards this year and the product is not crazy expensive might have to buy a box or two.

Nice breaks. Finally able to get a few decent cards after some bad breaks it seems.
    Collecting:
    Maurice Jones-Drew, Ryan Moats, Bernard Pierce, Margus Hunt & Green Bay Packers game used
    Maurice Jones-Drew - Different: 898/2797 Total: 1140
    Ryan Moats - Different: 172/366

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast