Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Prodigal HG's return!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (132)
    Country

Prodigal HG's return!

Almost a year ago I liquidated my collection in favor of moving towards non-sport stuff. It was a nice change, but hockey runs in my blood and I eventually came back. I really regretted selling my Young Guns HG's, they were my pride and joy, I even purchased a domain and had a full website dedicated to them. But over the last 4 months or so, I've been slowly building my collection, though with the lockout, the selection has been limited. Most usually end up in player collections and never see the light of day again. One of the last lots I sold included 5 of the 10 Justin Faulk YG HG's, a run that took many months, many hours of daily searching and a few blows to the wallet to accumulate. I think I sold them to someone here, but there's no record of the transaction, so I had nothing to go by, plus it was almost a year ago. Lo and behold, I ended up buying an HG off of Ebay that I had once owned. I didn't clue in though until he listed another that looked familiar. I knew it was a long shot but I emailed the Seller last week and asked him if he was the one I had sold the lot to. Nope, turns out the lot had changed hands at least twice. He told me he had purchased a bunch of them at a card show in Vancouver and indeed did have the 5 Faulks!! He wasn't interested in selling just one, it was all or nothing. His price was firm and it was about 3x more than what I had initially sold them for, but I guess that's what happens when they get sold & resold in the meantime. He was great to deal with, paid Monday, they arrived this afternoon. With this major boost, my collection is almost at 50!

Sorry for the long read, but the odds of reacquiring all 5 after almost a year of them exchanging hands in another province is pretty crazy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tmlxcrosby87's Items on eBay

Wow very nice, do you happen to have any gardiner young gun HGs?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (132)
    Country

Wow very nice, do you happen to have any gardiner young gun HGs?

Sorry, I don't have a Gardiner.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(20)
    Country
    See mojobreaks's Items on eBay

Wow great job.

Too bad you have no interest in selling one.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See montagna2006's Items on eBay

Nice to get one HG card of a player, but getting half of the entire run...twice?? Great story! Glad you got them back, safe-and-sound!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (132)
    Country

Nice to get one HG card of a player, but getting half of the entire run...twice?? Great story! Glad you got them back, safe-and-sound!

Thanks! It's also pretty amazing that not a single copy ever got listed on Ebay that whole time, I figured that was the only way I'd know where they ended up.