Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by labguy42 View Post
    no story.
    Well they both look legit (Beckett graded the one in question) it is just a matter of where it came from and why it is numbered like that. I could see a blank one reaching the market if they had gone out of business like Fleer and somebody numbering it. But it almost looks like a replacement was stamped to replace something and they just picked that number even though they already released one. Anybody have a card that was a replacement from Donruss that we can compare it to?
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I can add more fuel to the fire because I have these as well:

Seems like those on the left would be the suspect ones unless Donruss was stamping them during an earthquake

If someone was going to stamp a fake why would they not even try and center it? I can't see those not being legit somehow.
    No more international shipping for me with the new shipping rates, sorry.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by justinhixson View Post
    If someone was going to stamp a fake why would they not even try and center it? I can't see those not being legit somehow.
    Long shot but maybe they were stamped so poorly that they were thrown into a reject throw away bin and then found there way back onto the market even when they weren't suppose to. Seems highly unlikely given that they are game used of a high profile player but given how awful they are stamped I can't imagine somebody taking one without a number, getting a hold of a stamping machine, and then screwing up that bad unless he was blind.

Quote Originally Posted by mess0312 View Post
    That second one for sure is a fake stamping......Donruss has never used that font or size. Shame on Beckett for grading that without calling that out.
    Donruss/Playoff used that font/size all the time.... with replacement cards.... Either the top card was sent in for replacement and was back-door'ed, or the bottom card was stamped at the factory and back-door'ed.
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

Really fishy with all the dual numbering. Had to be a possible reject pile that found its way back into the production line.
    Hidden Content
    **Hidden Content **
    Bucket Updated 8/22/14

Quote Originally Posted by marinocollector View Post
    Donruss/Playoff used that font/size all the time.... with replacement cards.... Either the top card was sent in for replacement and was back-door'ed, or the bottom card was stamped at the factory and back-door'ed.
    i was just thinking that they were replacement cards, wonder if someone took cards that were replaced
    Please use a blank to cover any jersey window while shipping. I collect Topps chrome and contenders autos and HOF autos.

"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."
    Let one walk alone, committing no sin, with few wishes and no qualms.

Hidden Content

well someone is doing a really good job of making fakes. if the numbering stamping was the same and in the same place they would be impossible to tell apart. it sucks you spent the money on those for them to not be real. only thing i could say from now on is dont buy one unless you see it with your eyes frist and see the numbering stamp. if it looks different than others or in the wrong spot then its a fake. that really sucks man. start looking at shows and card shops. i wouldnt buy any more or trade for any more off the internet.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    well someone is doing a really good job of making fakes. if the numbering stamping was the same and in the same place they would be impossible to tell apart. it sucks you spent the money on those for them to not be real. only thing i could say from now on is dont buy one unless you see it with your eyes frist and see the numbering stamp. if it looks different than others or in the wrong spot then its a fake. that really sucks man. start looking at shows and card shops. i wouldnt buy any more or trade for any more off the internet.
    HAHAHAHAHA. They're not fake. But good job being rude to the guy!
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast