Results 1 to 10 of 13
01-18-2013, 05:10 PM #1
Anyone want to see what 48,000 base cards looks like?
Ive been collecting since I was 10 years old ( 27 now ), and still had all my base cards in big, space consuming, 3,200 count boxes.
I was able to work out a deal with a local guy here where he would take all my base boxes, but slowly. 3 by 3, I would take these to the monthly shows in exchange for cards or cash. Finally, a few shows ago he asked me how many more I had, and told me I could bring them all!
In total, I had 15 3,200 count boxes. 10 of the boxes were post lockout, 5 being pre lockout.
Unfortunately, I dont have a pic of all the 3200s piled up ..... but I do have to show what I got out of them !
Im very happy with what I was able to turn my base cards in to ..... and my girlfriend is even more happy with all the extra closet space she inherited ( probably the MOJO of all my pickups =P?! )
Here's what I was able to land with my 48,000 base cards!
- 11/12 Elite Auto Rookie Connolly SP ( 1,500 base cards )
- 07/08 Sweet Shot Endorsed Equipment Pad Auto Theodore /15 ( 3,000 base cards )
- 07/08 Sweet Shot Ice Signings Brodeur /100 ( 3,000 base cards )
- 07/08 Sweet Shot Ice Signings Crosby /100 ( 7,000 base cards )
- 08/09 Between The Pipes Game Used Emblem Roy SP /9 ( 10,000 base cards )
- 07/08 SP Authentic Future Watch Auto Rookie Toews /999 ( 8,000 base cards )
- 10/11 SP Authentic Prestigious Pairings Stamkos / Ovechkin /50 ( 8,000 base cards ) *** already sent back out the door ***
- 05/06 Trilogy Rookie Crosby /999 ( 7,500 base cards )
Only the Roy is available! But not really looking for 10K base cards for it =P
Thanks all for the look!
01-18-2013, 05:25 PM #2
I wish somebody would trade me a Crosby auto for 7000 base cards
Great deal you got there!
01-18-2013, 05:25 PM #3
Holy cow! I'd take deals like that for my base any day! I wonder what he was planning on doing with all of that base...
01-18-2013, 05:26 PM #4
01-19-2013, 10:41 AM #5
I would imagine he is a seller on sportlots or something along those lines. If he sold all those 7,000 base cards for the lowest possible listing price at .18 cents each, he would make $1260.
Still, some good trades! I wish I had found someone to take base cards off my hands before I dropped off about 10,000 base cards at goodwill before Christmas.
01-19-2013, 11:06 AM #6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~collect jonathan toews, brian vickers, brian elliott ~
~fan of chicago bears, blackhawks, white sox, bulls, iowa hawkeyes~
2011 ALL-STAR * LEAGUE LEADER IN SAVE % AND G.A.A. BRIAN ELLIOTT
01-19-2013, 11:19 AM #7
check it out. A nice way to add lower end cards to your collection.
01-19-2013, 12:07 PM #8
01-19-2013, 01:11 PM #9
01-19-2013, 01:19 PM #10