Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

First look: 2012-13 Panini Marquee

http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/01/...anini-marquee/

Panini America has yet another new basketball brand up its sleeve in this, the post-lockout full card year of 2012-13.

It’s Marquee, and it will include marquee-worthy printing tricks when it arrives later this year.

Hobby boxes will include 20 packs, three autographs and 35 Rookie Cards from a 150-card base set. A selection of the rookies will be signing for this product as has been the case throughout this season with its double-RC class.

Insert-wise, there will be 10 insert sets to chase — five of those signed — with a coach’s autograph set among the notables and Election Night autographs showcasing Hall of Famers.

The Swirlorama will be applied to the Slam Dunk Legends insert, while acetate also returns with the Champions insert, a 20-card release. The previously mentioned laser-cut cards will be rookies, while the Stars of the Night inserts will be printed on black holographic board.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bendenham's Items on eBay

I hope it has 100 rookies like all the other released this year...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Just 35 per the description. Thank goodness.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocksaysits420's Items on eBay

Just 35 per the description. Thank goodness.

It says 35 rc's per hobby box which leads me to believe other product with 100 rc's. This product looks plan, basic, and as boring as it could. Sense Magic charges $82 for each of his autos, you would think that Panini would put his autos on a better card. That election night insert looks horrible. Another product to pass up on.
    Last edited by rocksaysits420; 01-20-2013 at 12:50 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) Sports Card Freaks
    Country
    See andyg2350's Items on eBay

Another product to pass up on.

Agreed. Not a fan of this set at all.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Ah, missed the context surrounding that for the rookies. Bummer.

Panini is really going nuts with sets this year, a la early 2000s Fleer. Why not go more conservative - just have ONE set with 100 rookies, and a handful of other quality sets rather than a dozen? Stick to Hoops, Threads, Prizm, Totally Certified, and then maybe one or two other mid or high end sets. Is the market and industry really such that they have to put out so many mediocre to subpar products?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See glaspi2's Items on eBay

Seems like another flop. The only thing that interests me here is the coaches signature set since i don't have a coach auto in my bulls pc

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Minnesota Vikings Utah Jazz
    See starburyfan662's Items on eBay

Based on the picture, those Slam Dunk Legends look like they have potential to be awesome.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It says 35 rc's per hobby box which leads me to believe other product with 100 rc's. This product looks plan, basic, and as boring as it could. Sense Magic charges $82 for each of his autos, you would think that Panini would put his autos on a better card. That election night insert looks horrible. Another product to pass up on.

Really who says Magic charges that much for an auto?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocksaysits420's Items on eBay

Really who says Magic charges that much for an auto?

I have a buddy who knows people that work for Panini has sits in on meetings with retail owners. Bill Russel who to charge Topps over $100 for each of his autos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast