Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ironic how the man ejected from the most games and the man never ejected from a game pass away on the same day.

(is weaver the most ever? he has to be 1st or 2nd?)

RIP Stan... I believe you were my 2nd or 3rd TTM success ever.
    "The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even know existed" -Casey Stengel
    Let's go: Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers/Wild/Chelsea/Rutgers
    Autographs of Larry Walker, Yadier Molina, Jason Simontacchi, and So Taguchi Wanted!
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    R.I.P. Stan the man. Will be missed
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

I never met him but have spoken to many people who have, and all agreed that he had an excess of humility that belied his talents. I'm celebrating the life of a tremendous baseball player and personality today.
    Stuck in the 90s, I collect all things and everything Hidden Content .
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by metsmagic18 View Post
    Ironic how the man ejected from the most games and the man never ejected from a game pass away on the same day.

(is weaver the most ever? he has to be 1st or 2nd?)

RIP Stan... I believe you were my 2nd or 3rd TTM success ever.
    I remember Bobby Cox passing Weaver. But that is interesting I didn't realize Musial was never ejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianril View Post
    Top 5 best hitters ever? Top 10 easy imo.
    I don't see how anybody could leave him out of a Top 10. Top 5 would be a lot tougher since there are so many great choices.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    I don't see how anybody could leave him out of a Top 10. Top 5 would be a lot tougher since there are so many great choices.
    Definitely agree. :)

I think we are all lucky he was able to get a lot of signed material out there. Some of the older greats, we'll never have the pleasure of owning a piece of their history. :(
    Working on Rickey Henderson, Tony Gwynn, Ichiro Basic PSA Topps Sets
    Hidden Content

My top 5 hitters all-time:

1. Ted Williams
    2. Ty Cobb
    3. Babe Ruth
    4. Stan Musial
    5. Tony Gwynn

Hard to leave Rod Carew out, but who do you swap for him?

Musial was a class act. He lived his life, and played the game he loved to right way.

God's speed, Mr. Musial. Heaven's team just got a hell of a lot better.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    My top 5 hitters all-time:

1. Ted Williams
    2. Ty Cobb
    3. Babe Ruth
    4. Stan Musial
    5. Tony Gwynn

Hard to leave Rod Carew out, but who do you swap for him?

Musial was a class act. He lived his life, and played the game he loved to right way.

God's speed, Mr. Musial. Heaven's team just got a hell of a lot better.
    I'd definitely put in Carew for Gwynn. Everyone else is spot on.
    "The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even know existed" -Casey Stengel
    Autographs of Larry Walker, Yadier Molina, Jason Simontacchi, and So Taguchi Wanted!
    Hidden Content

I know I'll get hammered, but I've always had Aaron in my top 5. Even more so than Ruth.
    Working on Rickey Henderson, Tony Gwynn, Ichiro Basic PSA Topps Sets
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ianril View Post
    I know I'll get hammered, but I've always had Aaron in my top 5. Even more so than Ruth.
    Aaron has the best stats... but is the the best natural hitter? I mean Ted Williams had it figured it out scientifically... Musial and Carew were contact guys, automatic .300 hitters, Ruth gets in with power numbers alone... I don't know about Aaron... can't blame you.
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast