Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Clean86's Items on eBay

A little help with s card please

I am thinking of doing a trade for this card but I dont know much about it only that it wss made by the QMJHL in 2005 before any othercards of him was rreleased. The value I sm trading is $250 any one think thid cardvis worth that and any more info would help out to Thanks in advance

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See montagna2006's Items on eBay

This card was made by a small company called Extreme Sports Cards, inc (also called exunivers or Cartes Sportives Extreme) based out of Sherbrooke, Quebec. This card was produced in 04-05 while Crosby was playing for team Rimouski Oceanic in the QMJHL. The limited numbering to /150 is actually somewhat misleading. Only 100 sets were released to the public. 25 sets were given to team Rimouski Oceanic, and another 25 sets were given directly to the Crosby family. You will therefore probably never see cards from this set over 100/150 since sets #101 -#150 were privately distributed. There are two of these cards currently listed on ebay and they possess either a 3 or a 4-color piece of stick, and have very high BIN prices of $750 and $1500, respectively. IMHO, these prices are higher vs your card due to #1)they have more colors and detailed logos in their memorabilia pieces and #2) BIN prices tend to be overinflated. I do not know what other examples of your card have sold for in the past. $250 sounds reasonable, but you may want to do some more research on past selling prices.

Incidentally, this is not technically his first card released. This same company, Extreme Sports Cards, inc, produced an 03-04 Sidney Crosby Rimouski Oceanic rookie card. They were distributed as unopened packs that were only available at the Rimounski home games.

Also in 2003, a small company called Rookie Review made a card of Sid wearing his Midget Uniform from the Dartmouth Subways. A small number of these cards were inserted into the Rookie Review Magazine and issued to those collectors who subscribed to the magazine at the convention center at the '03 National Sports Collector's Convention in Atlantic City. It is differentiated from the regular cards with the word "SUBSCRIBER" stamped on front. However, this exclusivity is hampered by the fact that there are very apparent perforation marks on the edges of these cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Clean86's Items on eBay

Thank you very much for that info that was more then I thought I was going to get on that thanks

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Off-topic maybe...

But just amazing how consistent his signature always has been!
    His looks exactly same now as almost 10 years ago, many younger players should learn something from this lad!

Very nice card!