Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

League Crackdown On Real Hockey - What In Hell's Going On Out There?

I cannot believe the Non-penalties called yesterday.

This is garbage. Apparently there is another new league edict to call even more non-penalties? The Flyers/Pens game had 2 of them the Kings/Hawks had 3 of them.

Jaezus......... Let them play !!

I get all fired-up to watch my beloved sport, and find out that it's turning into a fashion show.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Tomas Plekanec got a penalty last night for "snowing" Ben Scrivens. Leafs scored the GWG on the ensuing powerplay.

I liked Carey Price's comment on it: "If you're that mentally weak, you shouldn't be in the NHL"
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country
    See razzamaztaz's Items on eBay

I did not see any games yesterday so forgive me for my ignorance on these speficic penaltises, but in general: More penalties- less violence - better hockey. Imho. Hockey brawls are meant for kindergarten.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

I was at the islanders-devils game. It was just ugly and David Clarkson could have gotten away with murder with the amount of cheap shots he threw away from and infront of the ref.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

Tomas Plekanec got a penalty last night for "snowing" Ben Scrivens. Leafs scored the GWG on the ensuing powerplay.

I liked Carey Price's comment on it: "If you're that mentally weak, you shouldn't be in the NHL"

I don't care who it is or what team it is, that was unsportsmanlike. Plekanec could have easily avoided doing it. It's something that shows a lack of respect. I totally agree with the call, and will stand by that one no matter how big the game is, no matter what team it is on. (I was cheering for the Habs b/c of $$$ on the line).

As far as the interference goes on players chipping it around a defender, I can see both sides of it. I like it and I hate it. The one on Depres I do not agree with, but some of them where the puck is clearly behind, like a half second or so, and the defender holds up the player slightly, I do agree with.

Where I was upset was Chris Neil's "penalty" for hitting from behind yesterday. The "hitee" turned his back from Neil, after clearly seeing him skating directly at him about 10 feet away or so. Don't even remember who it was off the Jets who did it, but that's the reason why we see so many injuries for 90% of them. Players put themselves in the vulnerable position right before the player being hit. That's where I hate the officiating.

Don't forget: The refs had no preseason either, nor did they work any games while there was a lockout. The NHL just released a video to the players after the lockout going over all of this, so it should be no surprise that they called more than what's needed.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Guys, its the start of the season and the refs are laying down the law early. They'll back off soon enough and you'll be complaining of not enough penalties called like always.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think me & Wickabee have argued on what should (or should not) be a penalty in the past.... but I'm giving full credit where credit is due here. He's 110% correct.

We see this every year. Penalties are called like crazy for 3-5 weeks, then we go back to 'normal'. By the time the playoffs start.... we simply "let the players play" and stop calling anything except the most over the top stuff.

Guys, its the start of the season and the refs are laying down the law early. They'll back off soon enough and you'll be complaining of not enough penalties called like always.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You see it every season and within most games. The ref starts out calling a super tight game but when it end you realize you haven't seen him in half an hour.
    They call it tight early so they can put the whistle away later.