Where to sell cards for the most money?

Just wondering where people have had success with selling their cards for good prices before. I don't want to rip people off and sell them cards at twice the BV, but lets be honest, everyone wants more cash. And with college coming up soon, I could use some extra. Any insights?
    Collector of:
    Twins, Chris Herrmann, Justin Morneau, Michael Cuddyer, sets
    Wild, North Stars
    Hidden Content

1. Card Shows
    2. Consignment at your local card shop

Both of these options are where you'll get the highest price, because you have the least amount of competition.
    My High End (player folders to the side): Hidden Content

Wants:AP/P.Manning/Luck/Oscar Taveras/M.Cabrera/Pujols/ARod/Trout/Bryce Harper/Lebron/MJ/Kobe & HOF HIGH END.

eBay is usually the best prices but you have the most garbage to deal with on there
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Does eBay really work that well? I would imagine with all the different fees that it wouldn't be worth it. Does eBay work well with all ends of cards (normal inserts up to HOF autos? Haven't had much experience with selling before, so thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    eBay is usually the best prices but you have the most garbage to deal with on there
    Also, thanks to kencope as well for his info!
    Collector of:
    Wild, North Stars
    Hidden Content

I've had best prices paid on eBay.
    I've tried consignment but pulled all my cards out recently. Yeah, they do sell but I'm constantly called by customers who try to haggle and get prices low and try to do group buys for lower prices and it's annoying.
    eBay is more straight forward but you do pay a lot in fees. Fees suck...
    So it's give and take regardless where you sell.

Along those lines, what are the fees that you have to pay for selling on eBay? I read a little bit about them on their site, but to someone that hasn't used eBay before, it's not any helpful info at all
    Collector of:
    Wild, North Stars
    Hidden Content

You can usually list for free but then you figure the final value fee which is 9% up to $250 for auction items, PLUS Paypal fees... which I think are are a tad bit over 2%
    Fixed price is 11% for $50 and less. Then $5.50 for the first $50 and 6% of the remainder up to $1000. If you sell something for over $1000 the charge is $62.50 and 2% of the remainder....
    Last edited by Dejan Kordic; 01-26-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Dang...Seems like the only real benefit is that they might sell faster- I've been debating sending some cards into COMC, but because of their processing and storage fees, I'm not sure if I want to. No point in getting $5 more for a card if the storage fees cost me an extra $10

Disclaimer, their fees aren't bad at all, I would just want to make quick sales, and with so many card listed on their site, I doubt I would have many unique ones there
    Collector of:
    Wild, North Stars
    Hidden Content