Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jonas Gustavvson or Jimmy Howard

Now that the Red Wings have two dominate goalies, who do you think they should keep as the number 1 goaltender and who will take the number 2 backup spot... Or will these two goaltenders share equal roles throughout the season.

I will share my opinions after a few responses

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think they will share the job pretty equally through the season but I think Jimmy will remain number 1 though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with you, I think they are pretty equal goaltenders and will both get a good amount of playing time. I am curious to see if Jonas starts having a better GAA if that will put Howard out of the starting job for the playoffs

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Howard has deserved the #1 slot. Last year in many games when the team was in a coma, Howard was by far, the best player.

We had better get used to the other nite in St. Louis. The Red Wings are a 6th or 5th placed club, they did nothing to increase their chances of winning in the off season. Tootoo was a mistake.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jimmy Howard by far,Jonas brother er i mean gustapo isn't even worth mentioning.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jimmy still looked a little rusty but looked in better form tonight. In two weeks when St. Louis enters the Joe is going to be a big game for Detroit that we need to win.

Hockey68-- I disagree with that; not superior, but not unworthy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Howard was impeccable tonight, but the wings are lacking, severely, in defense.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Howard was impeccable tonight, but the wings are lacking, severely, in defense.

I agree 100%. I seriously hope they do something soon.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree 100%. I seriously hope they do something soon.

They also seemed very slow tonight and puck handling seemed off. I do not know if it is because the lack of experience or the chemistry is not there yet?

They need to remember they do not have the whole season to work with. They have a crunched schedule with half the games.

Time to step it up.

Also Lehtonen had some very nice saves

BANNED

Country

Howard easy. Wings have outplayed their last two opponents. Obviously defense is lacking but the offense is better. I won't judge until 16 games go by. It'll be a tight playoff race from top to bottom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast