Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got an offer, what do you think?

Last year, I pulled a Framed Silk of Nolan Ryan #ed/10 from 2012 Allen & Ginter. I've finally decided I wil consider trading it, and now I've got a deal that I'm kind of stuck on. I have someone offering me a 2011 Allen & Ginter Framed Printing Plate of Joe Mauer and a 2012 A&G Framed Silk of Ryan Braun. In your opinion, what do you think? I'm a big Twins collector, so I would love to get the Mauer plate. I'm just not sure how much I should be asking for in return for the Nolan Ryan since he is such a huge name

Thanks!
    Collector of:
    Twins, Chris Herrmann, Justin Morneau, Jason Tyner, Jim Thome, sets
    Wild, North Stars, Jason Zucker
    Hidden Content

Tough call especially since the Plate is a 1/1 and you can't get another one (I know there are other color plates but it is a "1/1").
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Yeah, that's really where I'm stuck. I know I won't find it anywhere else (in that color at least), and I don't have many Plates or 1/1s in my Twins collection. But with a name like Ryan...
    Collector of:
    Hidden Content

usually I wouldn't promote printing plates, but those 2011 Allen & Ginter framed printing plates actually look really nice. I still want one for my PC.
    Joey Votto can run faster, jump higher, dive deeper, stay under longer, come up dryer and whip his weight in wildcats while gettin' kicked every fifteen minutes by a Zebra.

Hidden Content / Hidden Content

personally, i'd keep the Ryan. Mauer and Braun are great, Ryan is an all-timer

Take the deal. Personally, i'm not a big fan of those silk cards. Having a 1/1 and an additional silk card certainly beats having one silk card.

I would take it, it sounds like your a big twins collector and would love to have the 2 other cards. I don't think you are losing in the deal.

Thanks for the help guys! Decided I'm going to try and close out a deal with the guy now. I'll update when/if something works out
    Collector of:
    Hidden Content

Trade was just finalized! I'm sending the Ryan Silk in return for the Mauer Plate, Braun Silk, and I even got him to throw in a Twins auto-GU of Matt Garza and a '05 Mauer card numbered to 50. Hopefully nothing goes wrong with this, but I'm not anticipating any problems
    Collector of:
    Hidden Content

Good decision. Both Mauer and Braun are likely Hall of Famers barring a freak accident or a major drop off in production. Ryan is an all-time great, but you have more upside the way you're playing it. Plus, as a huge Twins fan, you got a signed printing plate of one of the best players in your team's history.
    Last edited by the 'stache; 01-26-2013 at 08:47 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast