Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2012-13 Panini Prestige Box

Hi, I am fairly new here, and I like to open a basketball box once in a while. To keep me busy, I tend to write a little review on my experiences. If not enjoyable to read, at least I hope it's helpful for anyone out there in choosing the right box for your money.

So here is my review of 2012-13 Panini Prestige (opened about 2 months ago).

Box break:
    Base set: 148 out of 150 cards. I only missed #35 Boris Diaw and #78 Stephen Jackson for the complete set. Doubles: #26 Tyson Chandler, #83 Joe Johnson, #101 Paul Millsap, #146 Nick Young.

RCs: 24 out of 100 cards. No doubles. Most noteworthy rookies: Kemba Walker, Damian Lillard, Austin Rivers.

Parallels:
    Bonus Shots Gold /249 (2): Jared Dudley, Louis Williams

Inserts:
    Connections: 3 out of 25: Morris/Morris, Batum/Parker, Horford/Noah
    Franchise Favorites: 3 out of 25: Durant, Curry, Granger
    Hardcourt Heroes: 3 out of 25: James, Wade, Paul
    Stars of the NBA: 3 out of 25: Westbrook, Bosh, Nowitzki

Memorabilia card (1):
    True Colors Materials: Andrea Bargnani

Autographs (3):
    Old School Signatures: Jamal Mashburn /99 (on card)
    Prestigious Picks Signatures: Marcus Morris, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (both stickers)

Review:
    Although I like the front design of the base cards, I don’t like the fact that half of the cards are horizontal and half of the cards are vertical. The back of the cards is a bit easy. Team logo and name take more than half of the card. The design of the RCs is much better I think: simple, clean, nice.
    148 out of 150 cards is very nice. There were a few doubles as well, so Panini could have made me even more happy... but I am not gonna complain.

The inserts were evened out between all cheaper inserts sets. I didn’t get any cards from the more expensive insert sets. None of the insert sets I got cards from really appeal to me. The design is very busy and they look quite ordinary.

The memorabilia card was a little disappointing, but I could have done worse with the autos. I think it's fair to say that the MKG auto saved the box. Without that card this would have been a poor box. I do like how all the auto cards look like, even though the Prestigious Picks are stickers.

Most valuable card: Prestigious Picks Signatures: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    Very happy with: Old School Signatures: Jamal Mashburn /99
    Trying to complete sets? Base set: only 2 cards missing, so yes for sure. Insert sets: no.
    Got wat I was promised? Got 194 cards, whereas box promised me (24x8=) 192. 3 autos check, 1 memorabilia check.

Overall design of the cards: 5/10
    Fun of breaking: 8/10 (mainly because it was my first box in a very long time)
    Value for money : 6/10
    Would I buy a second box? I can't get rid of the feeling that I was a bit lucky with the MKG. I am afraid a second box would be worse, so NO.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HK (50)
    Country
    See ccblec's Items on eBay

That Mashburn is AWESOME looking! :)

-Brandon

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) Sports Card Freaks
    Country
    See andyg2350's Items on eBay

Mashburn has a sweet signature. Thanks for the review!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Terrific box!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See vitin01's Items on eBay

Very helpful review! Thanks.

SCF Rewards