Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I suppose I kind of worded it crappy. By most consistent I didn't only mean performance wise, I meant durability and dependency as well. Obivously he hasn't put up crazy numbers like Verlander, Hernandez, etc, but he has put up consistent numbers, while staying healthy, durable, and dependable. I also think he has good enough stuff to be an ace on most clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballboy2 View Post
    The Rays would've had the best rotation, but trading Shields really put a dent into the rotation. Shields is arguably the most consistent pitcher in all of baseball. Their current rotation is full of young and talented pitchers, but I want to see more out of them before I jump to conclusions and say they have the best rotation in the East. Currently, I think the Jays and Yanks both have better rotations.
    I'd expect a Yankee fan to say that, but doesn't mean it's even close to true. In fact, after Sabathia, the Yankees rotation looks almost as shaky as Bostons.

Price VS Sabathia: C.C. is more the veteran and here it might be a tie but that's hard to say when Price had better numbers almost everywhere compaired to Sabathia in 2012 and is the reigning AL Cy Young

Hellickson VS Kuroda: 25 year old Hellickson had great all around numbers even though he finished 1 game under .500 while Kuroda's 2nd winning season ever in America was easily his career year. At age 38 can he come close to those numbers again?

Moore VS Hughes: Moore is a much better strikeout pitcher and his ERA was over half a run better than Hughes last year. Hughes has won 18 games 2 out of the last 3 years, but I'm curious how many he would have won pitching for that scrub offense that Moore did instead of the Yankees...

Niemann VS Pettitte: The only thing that makes this matchup classic is that both pitchers have 3 or more of the same letter in each name. But, seriously, after 3 consecutive winning seasons Niemann missed almost all of 2012 to a broken leg so durability is a concern even though it was a freak accident (line drive comebacker to the mound off of Adam Lind's bat). On the otherside of the coin, I'm curious if old man Pettitte can pitch a full schedule himself at age 41 after his comeback season was hampered with injury as well

Cobb VS Nova: Nova did edge the 2nd year player out in win-loss record and had had a better k per 9 IP ratio, but Cobb's WHIP of 1.25 was solid compaired to Nova's attrocious 1.47. Cobb also held batters to an average that was 34 points lower than Nova's, and compiled an ERA that was litterally 1 run better (4.03 to 5.02). Could Nova been a product of, dare I say, excellent run support??? With those numbers, had he not been pitching for the Yankees, he might have led all of baseball in losses on most other teams...

I don't know how you think New York has a better rotation when Tampa Bay has a better matchup in every spot.
    Last edited by Ledd Raubstur; 01-24-2013 at 02:33 AM.
    "I felt I had to prove...that the Yankees are just a team of ballplayers, not a pride of supermen." - Sandy Koufax; after striking out a series record 15 batters in game 1 of the '63 World Series

Lookin 4 vintage Dodgers/Rams, Kemp and Kershaw RCs, Lakers 80s-present

I didn't say Tampa Bay has a bad rotation, because they don't by any means. I just want to see more out of it before I claim them as the best rotation in the East. Also, if Tampa Bay hopes to make the playoffs, then their pittching better be near perfect this year. That lineup isn't going to be scoring a whole lot of runs.

You said the Yankees have a better rotation, but I don't see it, nor do the statistics show it. More experienced: Yes. More talented: No

The Yankees may have more proven, deeper and even better bullpen than Tampa's, but a lot of that hinges on if Rivera can make a solid return at age 42.
    "I felt I had to prove...that the Yankees are just a team of ballplayers, not a pride of supermen." - Sandy Koufax; after striking out a series record 15 batters in game 1 of the '63 World Series

Lookin 4 vintage Dodgers/Rams, Kemp and Kershaw RCs, Lakers 80s-present

Not yet. When Archer comes up and takes the spot of Niemann we'll talk.
    "The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even know existed" -Casey Stengel
    Let's go: Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers/Wild/Chelsea/Rutgers
    Autographs of Larry Walker, Yadier Molina, Jason Simontacchi, and So Taguchi Wanted!
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ledd Raubstur View Post
    You said the Yankees have a better rotation, but I don't see it, nor do the statistics show it. More experienced: Yes. More talented: No

The Yankees may have more proven, deeper and even better bullpen than Tampa's, but a lot of that hinges on if Rivera can make a solid return at age 42.
    Either way, until I see what this rotation has to offer, I can't say it's better than the Yankees rotation. Nor can I say it's better than the Blue Jays rotation.

I like the Rays rotation, even more than the jays(also good) yanks not that close, older and lots of people coming off injuries, rivera,pettite,cc. Nova regressed. I don't know how they'll fare in aug/sept. I guess we'll find out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12