Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about prayer

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Question about prayer

This question is mainly directed at the theists but if an atheist has any opnion please chime in. My question is it ok to pray to God for something trivial. For example if you believe in God you usually pray for the health and safety of your family, to do well on a test in school, to find a job, that that our gov't does a good job, etc and most people would not have a problem with you praying for those things. However what if you bought a box of cards from the store and prayed for an Jordan or Gretzky auto? Would that be kosher? Would God even be concerned with such a trivial request? Again this is bought up as a serious question and is not intended to mock or offend anyone. Thanks.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

veggie, though I cannot say you shouldn't pray for the things you mentioned, I can say that is not how I pray.

prayer, to me, is an attempt to stay connected with God, to recognize Him, and He is someone I can vent with. I think of God as the Great Listener, He will listen to anyone, about anything, at anytime, but as a grantor He only gave me life and freewill, He is not a genie who brings me gifts.

So does it bring harm to ask Him for a Hank Aaron autograph 1/1? I would think not, but I wouldn't be looking for one to pop up anytime soon.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I think the "pray to god" gets thrown around by alot of people.I know in my younger days aftre a druken binge while puking i would call out to god and promise not to do this again.As i got older I thought about how i did pray for selfish reasons a promotion a work,a raise,.Is it wrong hard to say but if your a believer I think you come to realize that prayers can not always be answered but it is ok to do so.if that makes sense

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You can pray for whatever you want.

Just be prepared for a "no"

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

wickabee, what language should I be listening for?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

I think this verse may offer guidance regarding prayers for this type of thing:
    James 4:3 "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts."

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

wickabee, what language should I be listening for?

Just keep your eyes, ears and mind open, you'll get the message. The best line in any TV show ever came from M*A*S*H
    Radar: Does God really answer all prayers?
    Patient claiming to be Jesus: Yes. Sometimes the answer is "no".

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Philadelphia Eagles
    My traders on Flickr

Just keep your eyes, ears and mind open, you'll get the message. The best line in any TV show ever came from M*A*S*H
    Radar: Does God really answer all prayers?
    Patient claiming to be Jesus: Yes. Sometimes the answer is "no".

Agreed!

I do not have a problem with people praying for whatever. However, be prepared for that answer to be 'no'
    Sorry, I only use PayPal goods and I do not ship internationally.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
    (Philippians 4:6)

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Jack-christians, like Jack-mormons, pray before they go out on a weekend night that they will get thoroughly hammered and then laid.

Happens all the time

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

I never understand why people would pray or ask for prayers after something bad has already happened. Seems kind of like (I know bad scenario) wishing that your lottery scratcher is a winner after you've already scratched all of the spots

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast