Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PayPal 1099k form?

SCF Rewards
    Country

well i spent more than i sold on cases so i entered all that info and i get more of a refund. way to go irs cost the government more money.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

well i spent more than i sold on cases so i entered all that info and i get more of a refund. way to go irs cost the government more money.

I hope that you kept your receipts. Don't forget about shipping costs either. Those should be tracked in Paypal and should be easy to total up.

GL & cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country

Only sellers who exceed the IRS thresholds will receive Form 1099-K. Sellers exceed the IRS thresholds when they receive over $20,000 USD in gross payment volume for the sale of goods or services AND receive over 200 separate payments for goods or services in the same calendar year.

There is no such thing as non-taxable income.

This is one of the ways that a 1099K must be filled out, which is under Internal Revenue Code, Section 6050W.

The other way is by accepting payment cards as a form of payment (credit cards, debit cards, electronic transfer from a bank account, paypal bill me later, etc...)

Third party merchants must report any forms of profit or revenue to the IRS per the PSE.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tiki4mvp's Items on eBay

ya keep track there are ways to see cash flow in and cash flow out on paypal too.... which is a simple way to put it all together.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Well I guess if they call this income I guess I can write off the cost for all the cases and group breaks. I have done

You certainly can. They report revenue, but you only pay taxes on profits.

Not an accountant, but I looked into this when I found out you can deduct hobby expenses on your taxes. However, the way I understood it was that, like gambling losses, you can only claim hobby expenses to the extent that you claim hobby income. If you spent $1000 last year and sold cards for $500, you can only deduct $500 in expenses.

Please, correct me if I am wrong.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Hey don't worry they are not taxing the air we breed yet!
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Do you have to include all receipts when you file? I have about 150 USPS receipts used for shipping.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See derzockersports's Items on eBay

Not an accountant, but I looked into this when I found out you can deduct hobby expenses on your taxes. However, the way I understood it was that, like gambling losses, you can only claim hobby expenses to the extent that you claim hobby income. If you spent $1000 last year and sold cards for $500, you can only deduct $500 in expenses.

Please, correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct, sir. The difference is that if you can classify as a 'business' and file as such, you can claim losses. In the States, you can only do this for a couple of consecutive years before they will 'auto-correct' you to hobby status.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12