Tim Brown suggests head coach Bill Callahan sabotaged Super Bowl XXXVII

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...3376--nfl.html

Brown suggests that Callahan may have thrown the game out of loyalty to Gruden and a dislike of the Raiders, who would fire him following a 4-12 season in 2003.

We all called it sabotage...because Callahan and Gruden were good friends," Brown said. "And Callahan had a big problem with the Raiders, you know, hated the Raiders. You know, only came because Gruden made him come. Literally walked off the field on us a couple of times during the season when he first got there, the first couple years. So really he had become someone who was part of the staff but we just didnít pay him any attention. Gruden leaves, he becomes the head coach....Itís hard to say that the guy sabotaged the Super Bowl. You know, can you really say that? That can be my opinion, but I canít say for a fact that thatís what his plan was, to sabotage the Super Bowl. He hated the Raiders so much that he would sabotage the Super Bowl so his friend can win the Super Bowl. Thatís hard to say, because you canít prove it.

"But the facts are what they are, that less than 36 hours before the game we changed our game plan. And we go into that game absolutely knowing that we have no shot. That the only shot we had if Tampa Bay didnít show up."
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Suggesting something like that will only make you look like a fool in the eyes of most - mine included.
    My Bucket: Hidden Content

Looking for high end:
    99' PTT Autos: Walter, & Emmitt - 01' Quantum Leaf AMM: Barry & Emmitt - BGS 9.5 HOF RCs

Dual/Triple Autos or Multicolor Patches of Walter/Barry/Emmitt/Brown

Jerry Rice agrees with Tim Brown: Bill Callahan sabotaged us

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-sabotaged-us/

The bizarre controversy over whether former Raiders coach Bill Callahan sabotaged the team before Super Bowl XXXVII by changing the game plan at the last minute has taken another surprising turn: Jerry Rice has come forward to say he sides with his former teammate Tim Brown in believing that Callahan wanted to lose.

Rice, who was on the Raiders team that lost Super Bowl XXXVII to the Buccaneers, said on ESPN that Callahan disliked his players, disliked his team, and was willing to let his old boss, then-Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden, beat him.

ďFor some reason ó and I donít know why ó Bill Callahan did not like me,Ē Rice said. ďIn a way, maybe because he didnít like the Raiders, he decided, ĎMaybe we should sabotage this a little bit and let Jon Gruden go out and win this one.íĒ

For Rice, a universally respected player who was named in a poll of experts conducted by NFL Network as the greatest player in NFL history, to say that he believes one of his former coaches actively wanted to lose a Super Bowl is shocking. ESPNís Trey Wingo stopped Rice and asked him if he realized the magnitude of the accusation that Callahan once threw the Super Bowl. Rice said he understands the weight of his words.

ďYeah, I know exactly what Iím saying,Ē Rice said.

Until Brown made his bombshell accusation on Saturday, the biggest controversy to come out of Super Bowl XXXVII was the fact that Raiders center Barret Robbins abandoned the team the day before the game. Rice blames Callahan for that, too: According to Rice, Robbins was so demoralized by Callahan announcing in a team meeting that he was going to call mostly pass plays that Robbins decided to bail on the Super Bowl.

ďWith Barret, he was frustrated, like, ĎYou cannot do this to us at the last second.í Maybe thatís why he decided to not show up,Ē Rice said.

while i don't think anyone would sabotage, they do bring up relevant questions which callahan in his reply, didn't seem to address at all. he was offended and appalled, but didn't actually address anything.
    bucket:Hidden Content

Wants: Anything mma as well as nice texans patches

I wouldn't address it directly either. It's the first step toward anyone actually taking the claim seriously.
    My Bucket: Hidden Content

Looking for high end:
    99' PTT Autos: Walter, & Emmitt - 01' Quantum Leaf AMM: Barry & Emmitt - BGS 9.5 HOF RCs

Dual/Triple Autos or Multicolor Patches of Walter/Barry/Emmitt/Brown

You'd think Brown would be happy that they decided to throw the bll 60 times
    Sour grapes.

You must be really loyal to a guy if you would throw the Super Bowl costing you fame and fortune.....I don't buy it. The Bucs had an amazing defense with a great coach. Raiders lost and now they are just sour about it.

like I said, i definitely don't think he threw the game. however, you keep the same audibles as the ones when gruden was coach and you change your entire game plan less than 2 days before the game. that may not be sabotage but it is idiocy.
    bucket:Hidden Content

Wants: Anything mma as well as nice texans patches