Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question about new stamp prices

I just noticed that the price for a First-Class Mail International Letter stamp went up from 1.05 $ to 1.10 $.
    Unfortunately I sent out about 10 requests recently withouth knowledge of the increase in price. So can I assume that those requests won't ever come back?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I dont think so. Might get a postage due of 5cents with some. Heard you can buy a forever international stamp now. I would look into that if its true.

BANNED

Country

I just noticed that the price for a First-Class Mail International Letter stamp went up from 1.05 $ to 1.10 $.
    Unfortunately I sent out about 10 requests recently withouth knowledge of the increase in price. So can I assume that those requests won't ever come back?

If you put your own return address on the SASE, there is a good chance it will come back to you, you just have to pay the remaining postage (5 cents). It has happened to me before, chances are you will get it will come back...when is the question. I send all my requests out with forever stamps because they are the same price as regular stamps so why not.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dawgbizkit83's Items on eBay

This has happened to me several times. I usually owe maybe 5cents. Mailman still leaves my envelope in the mail box and writes postage due on it. I have been writing my address as the return address on all of my envelopes/packages.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for your responses, I really hope they come back only with a postage due.

I have been writing my address as the return address on all of my envelopes/packages.

Unfortunately I only write my own address on the SASE's as the recipient's address but I don't write a return address on them (sounds stupid but I don't want USPS to know who the sender is).

I also heard about the new international forever stamps. Sounds like a good idea but I usually buy the US stamps off of ebay in lots as that is way cheaper.