Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See the_hockeycouple's Items on eBay

I know I risk losing a limb or even my head for asking this question, but I will risk it anyways:

Has anyone taken a few minutes to look through eBay completed listings of the sales of these cards?

A good number of the base EX, Flair Showcase, and Metal cards are going for $4 to $5. We pulled 2 EX, 4 Flair Showcase, and 4 Metal cards in our box.

There are a lot of the rarer inserts (4 per box) that are going for $15 to $30 (and that's not even the tougher pulls)

I'm not saying the product is a $200 a box product. But calling it a sub $80 product isn't realistic either.

I've said it before, UD should have taken a risk, included 0 autograph contend, included 6 of the rarer inserts per box and set it at $100 to $120.

I guess I'm just at a loss for what we as hockey collectors want anymore. And that's an honest question. We're not all going to be able to pull /99 RC's from every box. But it seems like that's all people seem to want. But maybe I'm crazy.

UD priced this product high but I felt like it was a start in the right direction from the craziness that was the auto and memorabilia driven products.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmlalala's Items on eBay

A Kreider PMG Green /10, the best RC to pull from the product, sold for somewhere between $400-$500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-13-FLEE...item3a80341096

I love the idea as a ton of the inserts look sweet and I'm looking to pick up a few, but they really should have cut out the autos, or made them really limited with good players (believe Nash's 1st auto as a Ranger) and dropped the price about $100

SCF Rewards
    Country

A Kreider PMG Green /10, the best RC to pull from the product, sold for somewhere between $400-$500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-13-FLEER-RETRO-PRECIOUS-METAL-GEMS-PMG-GREEN-RANGERS-CHRIS-KREIDER-RC-1-10-/251258998934?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item3 a80341096

I love the idea as a ton of the inserts look sweet and I'm looking to pick up a few, but they really should have cut out the autos, or made them really limited with good players (believe Nash's 1st auto as a Ranger) and dropped the price about $100

I agree 110%. I guess I just don't understand why people are calling for this to be the worst product of the year. The Cup came out at a higher price this year (as compared to 11-12) and people didn't have that much of a problem with it.
    Last edited by Tivo32; 04-14-2013 at 10:00 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmlalala's Items on eBay

I agree 110%. I guess I just don't understand why people are calling for this to be the worst product of the year. The Cup came out a higher price this year and people didn't have that much of a problem with it.

Definitely not the worst product. There aren't too many sets where collector's say "i paid what i should have for this box" other than boxes that are like $40 and below, because there isn't much risk there.

I agree with your post above, idk what collectors want either. Buying a box like this is a risk, especially for hockey - hockey collectors don't go crazy for the 90's inserts like basketball collectors do. A LeBron Blue PMG sells for over a $1000 while a Gretzky that JUST came out sells for around $80. Bad on UD for putting the price so high, but collector's should know the risk going in.

But I love that this set is inserts/parallel driven and without the investment factor, I would take this box over The Cup in a heartbeat

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lol how can you even compare the cup as the holy grail to this junk? its not even same league.. not even close lol... price is just insane to justify the box...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalie4501's Items on eBay

Ive watched a lot of breaks and most auto hits have been the same players. Yes Ive seen Ovi and Sid hits but most others have been from the same players. If anyone pulls an Arturs Irbe Ultra 94 Auto, let me know. Wish more of the autos were easier to find. UD needs to drop down the price and make these sticker autos easier to find. Glad I didn't waist my money on these boxes when between the pipes comes out in a couple days.
    Hidden Content
    Irbe3201’s PC:
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lol how can you even compare the cup as the holy grail to this junk? its not even same league.. not even close lol... price is just insane to justify the box...

I wasn't comparing the two products. I was comparing that a pretty significant price increase The Cup from 11-12 to 12-13 didn't cause people to question the product at all. Even when early on there were many tins that were well below the price people paid. That's all.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

This product is awesome. I did a 6 box case and am thrilled with the results. Long live the insert. Nicer to look at than jersey cards of 4th stringers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

This product is awesome. I did a 6 box case and am thrilled with the results. Long live the insert. Nicer to look at than jersey cards of 4th stringers.

I'll give you two thumbs up to that!! I'm still undecided on this particular product tho, the 90's base cards weren't the most attractive to begin with, and I don't understand the allure of the Metal Universe to begin with............ I don't mind the autos of my PC players tho, maybe I'll hate them in person when they come in the mail hahahaaaaa

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Most people don't buy cards just b/c they are nice to look at. I guess you are in the minority.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast