Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    The nuge even has some damage. Lifted bottom left corner and chipping on two other corners plus the top edge
    Collecting 13-14 Upper Deck Series 1 Shining Stars RAINBOWS: 50/50 (100% complete). And now the fun is over, so it's available ft/Fs as a set only.

  2. #12
    that's crazy.... but can't compare to this...

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/400388621227...84.m1438.l2648
    Looking for Emerson Etem Dominion ARP #/299 and Collecting Social Signatures (w/ Twiiter Handles), Canucks and Datsyuk.

    Hit me up on Facebook & Twitter - @604breaks
    **Looking for 13/14 PRIME Colors Patch Pavel Bure #2/2 Canucks Place Patch**

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai624 View Post
    that's crazy.... but can't compare to this...

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/400388621227...84.m1438.l2648
    Oh my god...

    Hidden Content
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR Stephen Harper, Frazer McLaren, Nicklas Backstrom, and any Lacrosse cards!



  4. #14
    The Penny Hardaway auction is not legit. It's a case of driving up the price to create a false sense of value for that card.

    The winning bidder has been linked to a couple of scammers, this is just another example. I'd say there's a 99.99% chance that card stays in Taiwan.

  5. #15
    ***Beware of a huge ranting here***
    This is a reason of that I more and more gets disgusted by the hobby for every day, absolutely ridiculosly prices, sorry all Nuge fans here now.
    I can't see how those price could justify what he has accomplished so this far same with mostly of those rookies from the 2-3 last years!

    Yes he's for sure a big talent but absolutely not at Crosby, Malkin or Ovechkin's level when they was rookies (yes those 3 players did also playing for a crappy team then), not even near, not even at 50% IMO....only because he plays for a such classic team wich is favored with a heavily nostalgic values (just think of Oiler's 80's dynasty)

    All rookies in nowadays are so extremely overvalued and it's just enough for anyone to scores 3-5 goals in his 15 first games to selling like crazy with his cards....no kidding you can almost buying house in a smaller city in sweden with those moneys (I know that in Basketball or Football there are so much worser cases of crazy priced cards buy you just gets what I'm trying to tell here).

    I sometimes gets very disgusted (no kidding!) by my "hoarding" of $10-$25 cards that I already has 2-3 copies of that card and get bad conscience of this....but many does buying a card with a price who equals of what I'm spending in a 1 whole (of everything included like rent, loan, food, insurance, trips, entertainment, other expenses and etc...) year or even 2-5 years of worth money for a just mere card!

    Of course it's up to every to do what they wants...this is only my own opinion and nothing more, but still...many appears to have too much freetime and too much cash who're floating around without any consideration or shames....just like to showing off how deep their pockets are and buying shamelessly everything.

    Crazy that someone can buy a card with a price who is equals of what many has as annunal wage so lightly and only for some hours later buying another Nuge card for $5k and then an another $8k card in the next day....what if Nuge actually flops a la Daigle/Stefan?
    Every of those high-level rookies can't be success everyone, there are always many who couldn't handle the pressure or was only able to produce quite well for some season and then fades away totally....

    Sorry for the rant but I have too much who was needing to be vented out....I'm quite sure that many fells same in this way...just crazy to think of that during 1994-1995 the holy grail was a 94-95 Pinnacle Wayne Gretzky Artist's Proof BV at $400, which was mere a dream for many of us...bwa-ha-ha...$400 is absolutely nothing in nowadays, not even enough to buy a pack of...you can guessing for yourself.

    Sorry again!
    FJ
    PC-PLAYERS: Tom Barrasso & Johan Hedberg - Hidden Content
    MOST WANTED!!!
    *13-14 PANINI PRIME COLORS - TOM BARRASSO - PAYS WELL!
    AND ALL CARDS WITH BARRASSO FROM 13-14 PANINI NATIONAL TREASURES/FLAWLESS

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig2 View Post
    The Penny Hardaway auction is not legit. It's a case of driving up the price to create a false sense of value for that card.

    The winning bidder has been linked to a couple of scammers, this is just another example. I'd say there's a 99.99% chance that card stays in Taiwan.
    Thanks for clarifying! I doubted that the bidder would have paid 77k for a Penny Hardaway...Thanks!

    Hidden Content
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR Stephen Harper, Frazer McLaren, Nicklas Backstrom, and any Lacrosse cards!



  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Frendo View Post
    ***Beware of a huge ranting here***
    This is a reason of that I more and more gets disgusted by the hobby for every day, absolutely ridiculosly prices, sorry all Nuge fans here now.
    I can't see how those price could justify what he has accomplished so this far same with mostly of those rookies from the 2-3 last years!

    Yes he's for sure a big talent but absolutely not at Crosby, Malkin or Ovechkin's level when they was rookies (yes those 3 players did also playing for a crappy team then), not even near, not even at 50% IMO....only because he plays for a such classic team wich is favored with a heavily nostalgic values (just think of Oiler's 80's dynasty)

    All rookies in nowadays are so extremely overvalued and it's just enough for anyone to scores 3-5 goals in his 15 first games to selling like crazy with his cards....no kidding you can almost buying house in a smaller city in sweden with those moneys (I know that in Basketball or Football there are so much worser cases of crazy priced cards buy you just gets what I'm trying to tell here).

    I sometimes gets very disgusted (no kidding!) by my "hoarding" of $10-$25 cards that I already has 2-3 copies of that card and get bad conscience of this....but many does buying a card with a price who equals of what I'm spending in a 1 whole (of everything included like rent, loan, food, insurance, trips, entertainment, other expenses and etc...) year or even 2-5 years of worth money for a just mere card!

    Of course it's up to every to do what they wants...this is only my own opinion and nothing more, but still...many appears to have too much freetime and too much cash who're floating around without any consideration or shames....just like to showing off how deep their pockets are and buying shamelessly everything.

    Crazy that someone can buy a card with a price who is equals of what many has as annunal wage so lightly and only for some hours later buying another Nuge card for $5k and then an another $8k card in the next day....what if Nuge actually flops a la Daigle/Stefan?
    Every of those high-level rookies can't be success everyone, there are always many who couldn't handle the pressure or was only able to produce quite well for some season and then fades away totally....

    Sorry for the rant but I have too much who was needing to be vented out....I'm quite sure that many fells same in this way...just crazy to think of that during 1994-1995 the holy grail was a 94-95 Pinnacle Wayne Gretzky Artist's Proof BV at $400, which was mere a dream for many of us...bwa-ha-ha...$400 is absolutely nothing in nowadays, not even enough to buy a pack of...you can guessing for yourself.

    Sorry again!
    FJ
    I don't mean to take away from your rant (totally understand the need sometimes), but price and/or value is NOT tied in any way to on-ice performance.

    Are good players more popular? Sure. Are they necessarily more valuable? Absolutely not. I could list hundreds of examples of nobody players selling better than similar releases of stars or HOFers. Simple supply and demand often out-matches player skill when driving values.

    Beyond that... do you really care what other people spend their own money on? I've never been the richest guy in a card shop. Someone is always buying more, buying higher-end, buying something that I can't or don't feel like I can afford. If it makes them happy doing it, what do I care?

    At a certain level, though, the hobby needs folks with deep pockets and a willingness to use them... I'm happier somebody breaks the big stuff (and lots of it) or even buys it from those that break it to keep the wheel spinning...
    PC MOST WANTED #1 - 2012-13 ITG Motown Madness 'Needs'
    PC MOST WANTED #2 - 2013-14 Panini Sticker 'Needs'

  8. #18
    No Hardaway card is worth more than $50.00 bucks. I don't even follow basketball and I know that.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Frendo View Post
    ***Beware of a huge ranting here***
    This is a reason of that I more and more gets disgusted by the hobby for every day, absolutely ridiculosly prices, sorry all Nuge fans here now.
    I can't see how those price could justify what he has accomplished so this far same with mostly of those rookies from the 2-3 last years!

    Yes he's for sure a big talent but absolutely not at Crosby, Malkin or Ovechkin's level when they was rookies (yes those 3 players did also playing for a crappy team then), not even near, not even at 50% IMO....only because he plays for a such classic team wich is favored with a heavily nostalgic values (just think of Oiler's 80's dynasty)

    All rookies in nowadays are so extremely overvalued and it's just enough for anyone to scores 3-5 goals in his 15 first games to selling like crazy with his cards....no kidding you can almost buying house in a smaller city in sweden with those moneys (I know that in Basketball or Football there are so much worser cases of crazy priced cards buy you just gets what I'm trying to tell here).

    I sometimes gets very disgusted (no kidding!) by my "hoarding" of $10-$25 cards that I already has 2-3 copies of that card and get bad conscience of this....but many does buying a card with a price who equals of what I'm spending in a 1 whole (of everything included like rent, loan, food, insurance, trips, entertainment, other expenses and etc...) year or even 2-5 years of worth money for a just mere card!

    Of course it's up to every to do what they wants...this is only my own opinion and nothing more, but still...many appears to have too much freetime and too much cash who're floating around without any consideration or shames....just like to showing off how deep their pockets are and buying shamelessly everything.

    Crazy that someone can buy a card with a price who is equals of what many has as annunal wage so lightly and only for some hours later buying another Nuge card for $5k and then an another $8k card in the next day....what if Nuge actually flops a la Daigle/Stefan?
    Every of those high-level rookies can't be success everyone, there are always many who couldn't handle the pressure or was only able to produce quite well for some season and then fades away totally....

    Sorry for the rant but I have too much who was needing to be vented out....I'm quite sure that many fells same in this way...just crazy to think of that during 1994-1995 the holy grail was a 94-95 Pinnacle Wayne Gretzky Artist's Proof BV at $400, which was mere a dream for many of us...bwa-ha-ha...$400 is absolutely nothing in nowadays, not even enough to buy a pack of...you can guessing for yourself.

    Sorry again!
    FJ
    I don't want to turn this into a political thing, but that's what you get when you live in a capitalist society. Whatever my, or your opinion may be, many of us do benefit from it. Could that money be put to more useful things, like feeding the poor? Absolutely! But the fact is, if someone wants to drop 13k on a Nuge card, it's their right. It's no different than someone driving a BMW, or living in a house with 10 bathrooms. No human being needs it, but we are all trained to want it. I'm no different, and I'm sure most here are like me. I try to put a different spin on it. I feel bad for people who can afford to drop that kind of coin on a hockey card. If you can afford to blow a wad like that on absolutely anything, it must be hard to appreciate anything in life, because anything can be bought. Heck, I still get excited when one of my $0.99 ebay wins shows up in my mailbox!

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Frendo View Post
    ***Beware of a huge ranting here***

    I can't see how those price could justify what he has accomplished so this far same with mostly of those rookies from the 2-3 last years!
    It doesn't.

    On ice performance affects card prices in only one indirect way - the better he is, the more people who will try to collect him, which increases demand on the lower-supply cards.

    Also, your rants is understood but not entirely warranted here, because that particular price is not what's actually going to be paid for that card.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting : Gil Perreault, Tyler Myers, Jonas Enroth, Drew Stafford
    WANTED : 05-06 Shooting Stars Jerseys: Ryder-Shanahan-Drury-Alfredsson-Jagr-Peca-Recchi-Nash-Smyth


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •