JaMarcus Russell preps for NFL comeback

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ack-at-308-lbs

JaMarcus Russell, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 NFL Draft, is training for an NFL comeback.

We'll wait until you stop laughing ...
    The former Oakland Raiders quarterback, who hasn't taken a single NFL snap since 2009, told Yahoo! Sportshe has dropped from 320 to 308 pounds and is ready to bury past criticisms.
    "The last few years, the things going through my life, football is my job and it is how it feeds my family," he said. "People would say (that) I didn't love the game, but that pisses me off. People don't know the real you, but I want people to know the real me and see what I can do. People are always saying that I'm a bust. I want show them I'm not. I'm committed to this now."
    According to the report, Russell will work out with a bevy of former NFL players, including NFL Network's Marshall Faulk, ex-quarterback Jeff Garcia and former Olympic track star Ato Boldon.
    Russell's three seasons in Oakland were so disastrous, he has been called the biggest draft bust of all time, and the Raiders refused to give his jersey No. 2 toTerrelle Pryor in 2011 when the rookie quarterback requested it. Before being cut in 2010, Russell was replaced by Bruce Gradkowski and Charlie Frye, then the Raiders traded for Jason Campbell to take his place.

The 27-year-old hasn't sniffed the NFL since getting tryouts with the Washington Redskins and Miami Dolphins in 2010, after he was arrested for possessing codeine syrup without a prescription. But he said he's ready to change the perception.
    "I'm not looking for a pat on the shoulder from people who haven't been there for me," Russell said. "It feels funny not to go through a training camp, that's just what I'm used to. It's going to feel good to go back out there again. I will make this happen."
    His biggest challenge will be to convince a team to give him a chance.
    Sadly would probably be an improvement for the jets!
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Red Wings Past Present and Future!
    Check out my COMC store below for cheaply priced Inserts/Rookies/and Game Used
    Hidden Content

Doesnt he talk about making a comeback every year?
    Kellen Moore Super-Collector!!!!
    Moore PC: Hidden Content
    Moore Need List: Hidden Content
    Buying/Selling: If Im the seller I will post, If your the seller I would appreciate if you post. Just my preference. Thanks

I think this is his first attempt since the try outs mentioned above. Seems like a long shot since I read he still weighs over 300 lbs. He does have a good list of ex NFL players helping him.
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to all that I've dealt with!

this is a joke. he may finally have a better mentality towards working for it, but i can guarentee its because hes broke and doesnt know how to do anything else. he will come in and demand way too much money and produce little to nothing. if he ever makes it into the nfl he needs to get in shape, prove he has changed his mental attitude, and play for at least 2 years in the CFL or NFL europe to prove his playing ability. nobody will take a chance on him right now.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

I thought NFL Europe got the plug pulled awhile ago.
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to all that I've dealt with!

Instead of running away please feel free to counter offer my offers.A deal can always be made

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

He must of spent all of his guaranteed money and thinks that this is his only way of making money. Have fun working like we all do JaMarcus, because I doubt anyone will give him a chance.
    Hidden Content
    **Hidden Content **
    Bucket Updated 7/22/14

Soon he'll be playing in the same league as Ryan Leaf. The Federal Prison Football League.
    "The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even know existed" -Casey Stengel
    Let's go: Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers/Wild/Chelsea/Rutgers
    Autographs of Larry Walker, Yadier Molina, Jason Simontacchi, and So Taguchi Wanted!
    Hidden Content