Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You'd rather be underpaid in a non-union job and then unemployed? As opposed to being in a union job that on average pays you $200 more a week?
    I get philosophical debate for and against unions, but I don't get that logic. You should want what gets you more money in your pocket.

He doesn't like either of you options, as they don't support his thinking. So he made up another option to avoid admitting he's wrong.
    Not too hard to see that one.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

With the exception of my current job, all of the other jobs that I had in Georgia were all crappy non union positions where the company treated its employeers like garbage and was always holding it over our heads that Georgia is a right to work state and they can fire you whenever they feel like it for any reason. Before moving to Georgia I had a union job in Maryland that paid more than any job that I had in Georgia paid, I had full benefits and as soon as the job stepped out of line the union checked them. For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone who works for someone else would not want to join a union.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I've never been union. The company that treated me best was McDonald's. That's not a mark for how good they are, it's a mark for how bad everyone else was.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

With the exception of my current job, all of the other jobs that I had in Georgia were all crappy non union positions where the company treated its employeers like garbage and was always holding it over our heads that Georgia is a right to work state and they can fire you whenever they feel like it for any reason. Before moving to Georgia I had a union job in Maryland that paid more than any job that I had in Georgia paid, I had full benefits and as soon as the job stepped out of line the union checked them. For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone who works for someone else would not want to join a union.

I work for a great company so I see no need to be unionized. Sure everyone is looking for more money but that's what the open job market is for. If companies under pay of treat their employees poorly they won't have good employees very long. I get that unions do provide a benefit and people prefer them. I guess at that point a person has the option to work within a union or not.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I work for a great company so I see no need to be unionized. Sure everyone is looking for more money but that's what the open job market is for. If companies under pay of treat their employees poorly they won't have good employees very long. I get that unions do provide a benefit and people prefer them. I guess at that point a person has the option to work within a union or not.

Why won't they have employees long? Because it's so easy to find a job? That's so true
    /sarcasm

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

That's making the assumption that the union job and non union jobs are completely the same, and everything else is the same except for being underpaid, right?

No union jobs have better benefits and more job security too. Thanks I forgot about that for a second!
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I have a non union job and always have had one. In fact when my last employment was looking to unionize I left. My benefits are 100% paid, which includes life insurance and a company vehicle and I make great money. my wife is a hospice nurse, non union and she makes great money and benefits as well.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

No union jobs have better benefits and more job security too. Thanks I forgot about that for a second!

Not necessarily true, but if that false narrative works for you, run with it.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I have a non union job and always have had one. In fact when my last employment was looking to unionize I left. My benefits are 100% paid, which includes life insurance and a company vehicle and I make great money. my wife is a hospice nurse, non union and she makes great money and benefits as well.

Same here, except youve been treated like a God in comparison.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

Not necessarily true, but if that false narrative works for you, run with it.

100% of the time no of course not, but generally speaking... yes. I'm not sure that's a "false narrative"
    (the guys jumping all over each other in your avatar REALLY enjoy being in a union)

I was bored... From the dept of labor:
    84% of union workers have employer health insurance (55% of non-union)
    83% have paid sick leave.... 64% of non-union do
    retirement plan... 88% to 49%

As someone who manages 40 people in 2 different unions, I can tell you firsthand firing someone in a union is major hassle, so there's job security...
    Last edited by maccards44; 01-26-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast