Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

the biggest issue with unions is people keep their jobs that shouldn't have one.

when my last employment was talking union, the biggest backers were the crappiest workers.

also at our local FAA I know plenty of people who should not have a job there, but they are in a union and hard to get rid of.

but, some people/jobs may need a union, while others don't.

I think comparing wages show that unions drive up costs

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

the biggest issue with unions is people keep their jobs that shouldn't have one.

when my last employment was talking union, the biggest backers were the crappiest workers.

also at our local FAA I know plenty of people who should not have a job there, but they are in a union and hard to get rid of.

I think comparing wages show that unions drive up costs

Paying people what they're worth is "driving up cost".
    While mathematically not incorrect, it shows the heartlessness that makes unions necessary.

I do agree that unions allow people to keep jobs they should lose. But you've clearly shown why the average worker needs someone to fight in his corner. Without unions, you just lose people once they start making a decent wage and hire someone to do the same thing at a starter wage (and quality). That's what equating "fair wages" to "driving up cost" give you. Low quality workers making low quality products for low quality money. Too many business owners treat life like a game of Monopoly to say unions are unnecessary. If this majority of owners and corporations weren't so greedy, unions wouldn't be needed. In this world though, they are. Thanks for making my point, Jay.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 01-28-2013 at 12:06 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

matt, no matter what I make does not give the right for someone to think I should pay more taxes, if you think it is unfair, get a better job.

I'm saying if you make "great money" you shouldn't need to go on message board whine about a 2% payroll tax hike. (Actually a temporary tax break that was never going to be permanent... that ran out) I read more and more that type of garbage in this forum these days. I made my money because I work hard and nobody helped me and I don't want to share! There are no poor people, there are no working class people, just people who for some odd reason haven't CHOSEN to buckle down and get rich already...right?
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Matt, he's still stuck thinking everyone's goal in life is lots of money and those who don't have it are just jealous because they wish they were mega rich.

It's the only way his argument makes any sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lazy union bums like Willie Mays & Chuck Norris...ewww they make my skin crawl!

SCF Rewards
    Country

actually those would be two examples of people who made it via hard work, not crying about what others had.

and with the obamacare, I believe it was a 2.9% tax hike.

the only thing more corrupt than unions is the government, talk about your lazy millionaires.

wickabee, if it is not about money why do they want more of mine and others who have worked all their life? and didn't you and I discuss I was for a tax hike that actually helps, but the corrupt welfare, mdicaide/medicare/social security and government in general with all the pork added to the bills is my issue.
    people needing help is not my issue, it is the people in between stealing my money and theirs that I have an issue with.

and matt, my wife will no longer listen to me, so I must whine here

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Jay, how many people is that?
    And you seem to think people here are converting. From your remarks, it's not difficult to assume I'm in this group. Let me put it this way. If I was in a union, with my disability, my company would have been forced to give me the a position I was qualified for. Instead, they chose to not even consider me and hired a starter at minimum wage while I sit, not working, collecting my disability benefits, which would be much better and actually get me the retraining I was promised instead of letting me go ignored.
    Don't tell me that unions are unnecessary, just drive up cost and take your money in dues. I'd have gladly paid those dues for fair pay and treatment. I get that you haven't been in a position like that, you need to get that everyone isn't like you and your rules don't apply to them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

wickabee, that goes both ways. saying "rich" people are bad because they are rich is crazy. saying the rich make the poor poor is crazy. there are plenty of hardworking people who have made or make great money who are not bad people, just like there are plenty who are poor hardworking people who are not bad.
    people like to say the rich are stereotyping the poor, but at the same time they are stereotyping the rich, both are bad.

as far as your situation, if I worked with you I would be standing up against this with you, and if I could not, I would move on, I would not want to work for someone like that even if I was protected by a union. I have no issue standing up for what I believe in, even if it costs me my job.

this does not make me better, just makes me, me.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Who is saying the rich are bad? I'm saying you can't expect companies will treat employees fairly. That's where unions and their evil dues come in.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So you are all for "helping" society just not through welfare, medicaid, medicare, social security, and the government in general (defense, veterans, schools, roads, bridges) because they are all corrupt. Gotcha.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast