Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2013 Official Detroit Tigers Thread

A few weeks away from Spring Training, I think it's time to post this thread up.

The team looks like the favorite in the AL to get to the World Series, and the return of Victor Martinez with the addition of Torii Hunter should greatly improve the offense (and defense)

Right now, the team looks like this:

Starters
    1. Verlander
    2. Scherzer
    3. Fister
    4. Sanchez
    5. Smyly/Porcello (probably Smyly)

Lineup
    1. Jackson CF
    2. Hunter RF
    3. Cabrera 3B
    4. Fielder 1B
    5. Martinez C
    6. Dirks/Boesch LF (typical Leyland lineup move)
    7. Peralta SS
    8. Avila C
    9. Infante 2B

I like the look of this team.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

2. Wata Photo
    As long as Martinez can stay healthy, I don't see any reason why they can't win the pennant. I don't see him catching that much at all, probably just DH. On top of that, you have two guys in Verlander and Scherzer who can win 20 games each. Their major threat will be the Angels. A big part of why the Angels missed the playoffs last year was because of the slow start by Pujols. If Pujols comes out of the gates hot, along with a full year of Trout, they will be really hard to beat. Other than that, I don't see any other team in the AL giving them trouble.

Spring Training is officially underway! I've watched 2 of the games shown on TV thus far. Martinez looks like he hasn't missed a beat. Stats in Spring don't matter, but it's great to see Martinez start off well mainly because it looks like his timing is fine, and that he isn't feeling effects of the knee injury.

Fielder and Peralta also look like they've lost a bunch of weight. Can't wait for opening day!
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Cabrera has come out of the gates hot once again. Look for another impressive MVP caliber season from him.

looks like Brennan Boesh has been released.

Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

BREAKING: Verlander has signed a contract extension!!! http://fearingtheshadow.blogspot.com...to-5-year.html
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Good work tigers. How about a closer?
    1. Collecting Chipper Jones' 1999 MVP Season
    2. 1978 Topps #45 Mark Fidrych, 1965 Topps #19 Gates Brown, 1969 Topps #472 Jim Price, 2003 Topps Gallery HOF #22 Ernie Harwell BB
    3. All RCs of Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, John Smoltz, and Steve Avery
    4. Topps 1990 set

Tigers win on Opening Day! Coke got the save: http://fearingtheshadow.blogspot.com...erlanders.html
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast