Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Question Where to buy "fake" goalie masks for airbrush practice?

    Hello everyone!

    This might seem like a weird or funny question, but I'd like to know where to purchase some "fake" hockey goalie masks. I love being creative and I make custom hockey cards, but I'd like to try painting masks.

    I'd love to actually paint goalie masks (both by hand and airbrush) but I don't want to waste a few hundred bucks for every paint job I do.


    Do you guys have any suggestions?

    Thank you and Happy Easter!

    -Ethan
    Collecting Mask Cards

  2. #2
    I'm not sure what you mean by "fake" but you could buy road hockey masks? A lot cheaper than a ice hockey goalie mask.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewZachary View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "fake" but you could buy road hockey masks? A lot cheaper than a ice hockey goalie mask.
    Thanks for your suggestion! And by "fake" I just mean anything that resembles an ice hockey goalie mask but doesn't set me back $300, haha.

    -Ethan
    Collecting Mask Cards

  4. #4
    A lot of Joke Shops may have the Friday The 13th style of Mask, you know the old Jacques Plante/Gerry Cheervers style. I don't know where you might find lower end newer ones mind you.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    A lot of Joke Shops may have the Friday The 13th style of Mask, you know the old Jacques Plante/Gerry Cheervers style. I don't know where you might find lower end newer ones mind you.
    Such masks are also available on European eBay sites, so that's definitely an option. I'm primarily looking for modern-looking masks but I think that vintage style (fibreglass style) masks would make good alternatives. Thank you for your suggestion, sir.

    -Ethan
    Collecting Mask Cards

  6. #6
    http://www.goaliemonkey.com/bauer-go...ask-snake.html

    A street hockey mask like this one might work for your purposes. You may be able to find a solid whiite/black one if you do some searching on other hockey equipment websites.
    Collecting: St. Louis Blues, HOF goalie autos/Game-Used, T-206 baseball
    Ben Bishop Collection for Sale: Hidden Content

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by marekschwarz33 View Post
    http://www.goaliemonkey.com/bauer-go...ask-snake.html

    A street hockey mask like this one might work for your purposes. You may be able to find a solid whiite/black one if you do some searching on other hockey equipment websites.
    Thank you for the link and suggestion. I'll be sure to look around and see what I can find.
    Collecting Mask Cards

  8. #8
    Mylec makes a generic white goalie mask for street hockey use that retails for under 40 bucks and if you do a bulk purchase through a company like goalie monkey you can get them even cheaper. However I would like to offer 1 alternative. Vaughn (along with several other companies) make entry level ice hockey masks for about 125ish. If you used one of these masks they are metal. Metal can be chemically stripped of paint very easily using materials found at any automotive store (pep boys, autozone, whatever). So you'd only need 1 mask and paint stripper.

  9. #9
    Franklin makes these street hockey masks I am sure you can paint over it. Hope that helps you a little bit.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anaheim-MIGH...item485396a23c

  10. #10
    Thanks for those suggestions, guys! Any others?
    Collecting Mask Cards

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •