Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Braves get Justin Upton in 7 player deal with Diamondbacks

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/88...a-diamondbacks

Arizona has traded outfielder Justin Upton to the Atlanta Braves in a seven-player deal that sends former All-Star infielder Martin Prado to the Diamondbacks.

The Braves also get third baseman Chris Johnson. Atlanta is giving up four minor leaguers in the deal, including top pitching prospect Randy Delgado. The other minor leaguers headed to Arizona are right-hander Zeke Spruill, shortstop Nick Ahmed and first baseman Brandon Drury. Prado, projected to play third base for the Diamondbacks, can become a free agent after this season.

Upton, who has five-plus major league seasons but still is just 25 years old, will join older brother B.J. Upton, who recently signed a free agent contract with Atlanta. The younger Upton, who has three years and $38.5 million left on his contract, had been the subject of trade speculation throughout the offseason and vetoed a trade to the Seattle Mariners.

"Bittersweet day for me. So happy to get the chance to play with my brother in Atlanta but will miss the city and the fans here in Phoenix," Upton said in a tweet.

Prado, who joins fellow Venezuelan Miguel Montero in Arizona, made the All-Star team in 2010 as a second baseman and played mostly in left field last season. A versatile infielder, Prado was projected to move to third base for the Braves this season to replace the retired Chipper Jones.

Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall said via Twitter that the team wants to sign Prado to a long-term deal.

"This is the type of player we want in our lineup," he wrote.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Im a happy Braves fan.
    Collecting Baseball Rookie Cards.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    LOL! That's pretty funny. Thats going back a few. Also heard that the outfield is now named Up, Up and a Hey.
    Collecting Baseball Rookie Cards.
    Hidden Content

This is huge for the Braves. Their OF is stacked now for years. All three are still young and solid players. I'm very excited to be a Braves fan.
    Hidden Content
    Brian Orakpo and Sean Taylor Collector!!!
    I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs by Fleer Ultra (2004-2007), Texas Longhorns, Miami Hurricanes, Virginia Tech Hokies, and Virginia Cavaliers alum RC/GU/AU in college uni. Also like Redskins and Braves RC/GU/AU and players from the 757 (Hampton Roads) area.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Very excited Braves fan now as there outfield is prob within the top 2-3 in the majors. Im ready for them to start playing games now.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

Arguably the most athletic outfield in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemson2012 View Post
    Very excited Braves fan now as there outfield is prob within the top 2-3 in the majors. Im ready for them to start playing games now.
    Who is better would you say?
    Hidden Content
    Brian Orakpo and Sean Taylor Collector!!!
    I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs by Fleer Ultra (2004-2007), Texas Longhorns, Miami Hurricanes, Virginia Tech Hokies, and Virginia Cavaliers alum RC/GU/AU in college uni. Also like Redskins and Braves RC/GU/AU and players from the 757 (Hampton Roads) area.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Im biased and dont think anyone has a better outfield but Im a braves fan. I believe the Dodgers have a decent outfield along with the Nats. Thats the only 2 that comes close that I can think of right now.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

I am a Braves fan to ... And the Upton Boys played ball in VA where I'm from (about an hour away) and I am a Jason Heyward Supercollector... I think they have the best outfield in baseball with the Angels and National's coming in a close 2nd & 3rd...
    Photobucket link - Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast