Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm a little surprized no one picked him up. Even though he had a bad year in '12, he has great potential as a lead-off type or #2 hitter and is a decent outfielder (mainly cause of his speed)

He could have benifited a team that needed a leadoff hitter for cheap (like the Mets), but I guess no one wanted to put up with his attitude
    "I felt I had to prove...that the Yankees are just a team of ballplayers, not a pride of supermen." - Sandy Koufax; after striking out a series record 15 batters in game 1 of the '63 World Series

Lookin 4 vintage Dodgers/Rams, Kemp and Kershaw RCs, Lakers 80s-present

Quote Originally Posted by Ledd Raubstur View Post
    I'm a little surprized no one picked him up. Even though he had a bad year in '12, he has great potential as a lead-off type or #2 hitter and is a decent outfielder (mainly cause of his speed)

He could have benifited a team that needed a leadoff hitter for cheap (like the Mets), but I guess no one wanted to put up with his attitude
    A couple of years ago, I might have agreed with you, Ledd. But Morgan's OBP has really dropped 2 of the last 3 years (.302 last year, .319 in 2010...his .357 was acceptable in 2011), and his success rate stealing bases is God awful. So when his dropping OBP, low base stealing success rate, his increasing salary, his age (he'll be 33 in July), his marginal defense in center field, and his attitude are all considered, he's just not that attractive to MLB teams anymore.

It's not surprising that nobody else picked him up.
    Last edited by the 'stache; 02-02-2013 at 03:03 AM.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12