Question Who would you like to see MORE autographs of?

What player or MLB related person would you like to see more autographs of in packs? Or maybe their first autograph?

For me it would be Bob Uecker. He doesn't have one yet which is a shame and he could have autographs as an announcer OR player. Topps Heritage would have been perfect since they had so many guys who barely played in the majors throughout their sets yet they overlooked Uecker.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

For me as a Dodger fan, I'd like to see Tommy Davis have an autographed card. 2013 would mark his 50th anniversary of setting a Dodger record with 153 RBIs in 1962. He's one of about a dozen or so guys ever to win back-to-back batting titles in the modern era ('62-'63) and Roberto Clemente and Bill Madlock are the only right-handed hitters to do the same in MLB since. A broken ankle hampered his career in '65 and he was never a full-time player after until the DH rule came along. He broke the record for pinch hitting average (minimum 150 at-bats) for a career and I believe still holds it (.320). If not for the ankle injury, Davis might have a spot in Cooperstown right now.
    Last edited by Ledd Raubstur; 01-24-2013 at 10:42 PM.
    "I felt I had to prove...that the Yankees are just a team of ballplayers, not a pride of supermen." - Sandy Koufax; after striking out a series record 15 batters in game 1 of the '63 World Series

Lookin 4 vintage Dodgers/Rams, Kemp and Kershaw RCs, Lakers 80s-present

No dout Matt Wieters! As a huge O's fan he needs to sign with topps and start putting out some nice gu/auto cards!
    Changing paths, no more set collecting. Just PC'ing Orioles Auto's and Patches.

90s semi stars.....ray lankford, willie mcgee, tim salmon, ect.

i know lankford has an auto in the archives set last year
    Hidden Content
    have 4016 different cardinals cards
    Also looking for cheap base of
    Sale, F.Freeman, Moustakas, Kimbrel, Kershaw, Rizzo, Trumbo

Quote Originally Posted by Ledd Raubstur View Post
    For me as a Dodger fan, I'd like to see Tommy Davis have an autographed card. 2013 would mark his 50th anniversary of setting a Dodger record with 153 RBIs in 1962. He's one of about a dozen or so guys ever to win back-to-back batting titles in the modern era ('62-'63) and Roberto Clemente and Bill Madlock are the only right-handed hitters to do the same in MLB since. A broken ankle hampered his career in '65 and he was never a full-time player after until the DH rule came along. He broke the record for pinch hitting average (minimum 150 at-bats) for a career and I believe still holds it (.320). If not for the ankle injury, Davis might have a spot in Cooperstown right now.
    Miguel Cabrera is a right handed hitter, and has won the last two AL batting titles.
    Nomar Garciaparra won back to back batting titles, and he batted right handed also.

And saying Tommy Davis might have been a Hall of Famer if not for an ankle injury is a stretch. He had one great year, and another good year where he also won a batting title. And he wasn't a full time player again until the DH came along? The DH rule went into effect in 1973.

His ankle injury was in 1965
    In 1966 he played in 100 games. Understandable he played fewer games coming off an injury.
    In 1967 he played in 154 games. Full time player.
    In 1968 he played in 132 games. Pretty close to full time.
    In 1969 he played in 147 games. Full time player.
    In 1970 he played in 130 games. Pretty close to full time.

From 1966 to 1970, his seasonal averages: .285 AVG, 8 HR, 61 RBI, and a .707 OPS.

He played 2,000 games in his career. He had a .294 lifetime average, with 153 HR and 1,052 RBI. He had a .733 lifetime OPS.

He was a two-time All Star. He never won a Gold Glove.

Even before he hurt his ankle in 1965, he'd fallen off from his one truly great season. In 1964 he batted .275 with 14 HR and 86 RBI. Decent, yet nowhere near All Star quality.

There are players that have had far better stretches that never came close to Cooperstown. Don Mattingly, for example. Mattingly actually won an MVP, was a 6-time All Star, won 9 Gold Gloves, and had one of the best 4 year runs since 1950 of any Major league player. Yet he barely got 1/3 of the vote he needed.

There is no way Davis was going to be in the Hall of Fame. Nice player, but not Hall-worthy.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

I don't understand why Joey Votto doesn't sign more for Topps. I'm still bitter I can't get Museum Collection, Five Star, or acetate rookie reprint autographs for my PC.
    Why, Joey?! Why?!
    Joey Votto can run faster, jump higher, dive deeper, stay under longer, come up dryer and whip his weight in wildcats while gettin' kicked every fifteen minutes by a Zebra.

Hidden Content / Hidden Content