Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See Riley_NBHC's Items on eBay

Need Your Opinion Sale. Interesting?

I have been thinking to myself a lot lately. I have found myself using the hobby as a money-maker instead of an enjoyable self pleasure hobby which is what it should be in my eyes. I don't want to stop collecting, I just feel like I need a clean slate. I don't want anymore cards, I want them gone. Then I will start collecting again building my collection back up. Does this sound crazy? Or does it make sense? I really need help here and if you guys could leave your opinion that would be great.
    Now for the selling part, if I were to sell it would be everything in the main part of my bucket excluding these cards:
    11-12 Ultimate Debut Threads Smith
    12-13 Black Diamond Hardware Heroes Trottier
    12-13 Series 1 Clear Cut Pride Canada Giroux
    Everything else is available and it would be as a lot. If anyone is interested please lmk. I want this huge rock off my back. I still love the hobby, I just want to restart. If you have an offer please make one.
    Thanks for your time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Just a few thoughts, even though I see from another thread that you've decided to sell your bucket and "restart":

a) A restart isn't really a bad thing if you have found yourself to be going down the "wrong" path, which is completely subjective and must be entirely based upon how you feel at any given time
    b) Personally, since I started collecting in earnest around 12 years old (am now 41), I am so far past the concept of restarting that I cannot even picture it; if I ever decide I am done, I'll be done
    c) I've always seen a separation between "dealers" and "collectors" - I am and always will be a collector who will sell cards in the course of his collecting, but never as a business; profit is nice, but incidental to the joy of collecting...the great thing about collecting is that it's personal (you can make it whatever you want it to be) and as such, it should be deeply satisfying. That's why I've stuck with hockey cards and comic books and long ago gave up coins, stamps, figurines, etc. Go with what feels right for you.
    d) The 12-year-old in me is still alive and kicking, since I got a chuckle out of your phrase "enjoyable self pleasure hobby"