The 2013 NFL draft class is weak

Is anyone excited about this years class? The skill positions which everyone collects are mediocre at best. Who is going to get exciting about pulling a Luke Joeckel auto? Not me.

Basically I am trying to say if they keep overproducing like they've been doing with 1000+ rookie cards of everyone the companies are going to take a hit this year and early next. This past year the hobby has been thriving and rightfully so with Luck, Wilson and Griffin. Am I wrong?

you're right with tebow, bradford, newton, luck, and rg3, but this years class is weak on qb position as well as rb. receivers are decent, but not as many good ones as from the last 2 years. its more of a defensive draft class. yes i also agree that they have been overproducing the last sevral years and they will tank if there's 3-4 years of mediocre offensive draft classes. thats not a bad thing though. they'll drop some of their product lines and a lot of the guys now that start stepping up will have tons of stuff out there for people to get so it will be fairly inexpensive to get. unfortunately the way of the businesss world is to add new stuff instead of fixing the current problems that are there. one bad draft class wont stop them, but 3 or more will.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

No you are correct. It is a very weak year and next year the football card market will take a hit. That's probably why they are pumping out so many products & increasing the print run this year because they know that next year they won't be able to match the sales.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Weak offensive class. I like a ton of the linebacker prospects though, probably will pick a few up

It definitely looks weak offensively but it only takes a couple good games from a offensive player to get hype up. Obviously there will be speculation on who could be/will be starting coming out of the draft and a rush to pick them up cheap.
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to all that I've dealt with!

There are no franchise players coming out the #1 pick may be a Offensive Linemen in Luke Jockel there is no Key rookie Barkleys autos may garner some attention maybe Geno Smith as most young QBs do but there is not alot here for offensive class and that is all Panini/Topps invites to the Rookie Photo shoot
    I WILL NOT GIFT!!!!!
    I pc Chris Givens
    Im also Collecting a Mike Williams 2012 Chrome Rainbow lmk if you have any to help

Hidden Content

Since I collect a lot of Defensive players I like it I am hoping Carolina picks up a LB or CB. But I am glad this is happening. There is too much stuff out there now. Which makes player collecting tough
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content IF YOU SMOKE PLEASE TELL ME Before Trading!!
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV. Hidden Content

I wouldn't call it a weak class overall, but the skill positions are generally weak. There's a ridiculous amount of strong DTs, OL, and some good LBs. Definitely not the year you want to drop a lot of money on cards, though.
    Hidden Content

Rohan Davey PC 219/264 (non 1/1)
    Amir Sadollah 62/69 (4/24 1/1's)

A perfect year for Topps to drop their early rookie product and add the product I've been wanting for years "Topps Chrome Classics" featuring autos and a rainbow of refractors from Hall of Famers and other legends!!

Who would rather see that than another cheap rookie product in 2013?
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

That would be nice. I love all of the recent "Legends" products that focus on rookies and veterans/newly retired guys.

Quote Originally Posted by chajones View Post
    A perfect year for Topps to drop their early rookie product and add the product I've been wanting for years "Topps Chrome Classics" featuring autos and a rainbow of refractors from Hall of Famers and other legends!!

Who would rather see that than another cheap rookie product in 2013?
    Hidden Content

Rohan Davey PC 219/264 (non 1/1)
    Amir Sadollah 62/69 (4/24 1/1's)