Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

who lives in fear?

I have AAA, why, just in case my car breaks down, doubt it ever will, but just in case.
    I have health and life insurance for the same reason, just in case.
    I also lock my doors when I leave or when I am at home, just in case.
    I educated my kids about sex, strangers, and drugs, just in case.
    I am going back to school, just in case I want to do something different one day.

wickabee, I think it came to less than 3% but I am not sure on that.
    and if I lived by myself i would not worry about a home invasion, I am capable of saving myself ( I am a pretty fast runner and can dive through windows when needed)

but there are more important people than me to worry about

CHURCH!!
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

wickabee, there is a much greater chance someone will be a victim of a home invasion than being mass murdered with an assault rifle.

madman, agreed

I'm not arguing that. How about this. If you own a gun you're not allowed to remove it from your home (in working order) under penalty of death. Target shooters can obtain a license to transport their weapons.
    That would make everyone outside their home with a gun a criminal and the police can just shoot them (because they still have guns, as do armed guards etc)

You still get to protect your home and own your gun, anyone who commits a gun crime gets death...it's win.win!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I really like the idea of police shooting people with guns.Wick this is one of your better statements

I'm not arguing that. How about this. If you own a gun you're not allowed to remove it from your home (in working order) under penalty of death. Target shooters can obtain a license to transport their weapons.
    That would make everyone outside their home with a gun a criminal and the police can just shoot them (because they still have guns, as do armed guards etc)

You still get to protect your home and own your gun, anyone who commits a gun crime gets death...it's win.win!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

wickabee, I thought to transport your gun it had to be unloaded, you can have gun in trunk and bullets in front or viceversa.

and I kind of agree with your post

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Philadelphia Eagles
    My traders on Flickr

I am asking this mostly out of curiosity...

If a uniformed cops sees someone carrying a gun, he (or she) can just fire away blindly?

How would you get around undercover cops carrying a gun? They are probably armed and must maintain their cover....so are they at risk of being shot by a uniformed cop? Who's to say a criminal can't put on a uniform and act like a cop to get around this?
    Sorry, I only use PayPal goods and I do not ship internationally.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
    (Philippians 4:6)

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

wickabee, I thought to transport your gun it had to be unloaded, you can have gun in trunk and bullets in front or viceversa.

and I kind of agree with your post

Maybe make it so you can transport firearms but not ammo? Or forget the license and just say you can't have an assembled gun off your property unless at a proper firing range. You can transport a mostly assembled gun and the rest of the parts, but not a fully assembled gun.

If someone commits a crime with a gun it doesn't matter if it's fully assembled or not, loaded or not, used or not. You get death. More than 3 credible eyewitnesses, you barely get a trial.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

Maybe make it so you can transport firearms but not ammo? Or forget the license and just say you can't have an assembled gun off your property unless at a proper firing range. You can transport a mostly assembled gun and the rest of the parts, but not a fully assembled gun.

If someone commits a crime with a gun it doesn't matter if it's fully assembled or not, loaded or not, used or not. You get death. More than 3 credible eyewitnesses, you barely get a trial.

Ridiculous. Let's just toss the Constitution aside because we have such a benevolent government. Don't you think this would qualify as government infringement of the 2nd Amendment?

And would three police officers be considered "credible" witnesses? No possibilities for corruption there. Get your police buddies to cover up your crime and vouch for you as eyewitnesses then quickly punish the offender. It would be like football teams hustling up to the line to get a play off before the other team has much time to look at the replays to determine if they should throw the challenge flag.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Ridiculous. Let's just toss the Constitution aside because we have such a benevolent government. Don't you think this would qualify as government infringement of the 2nd Amendment?

No. The constitution says you have the right to own a gun. It doesn't say anything about taking it anywhere. What's ridiculous is trying to add things to the constitution.

And would three police officers be considered "credible" witnesses? No possibilities for corruption there. Get your police buddies to cover up your crime and vouch for you as eyewitnesses then quickly punish the offender. It would be like football teams hustling up to the line to get a play off before the other team has much time to look at the replays to determine if they should throw the challenge flag.

Hey, I'm with you there. I like how you make an assumption and use that assumption to try and debunk an idea that, really, has no way of going anywhere from here.
    What you seem to forget is this is an idea. It has been brought to this table in a very raw form. You're asking for every detail right off the bat? Give your head a shake. Things don't work like that.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

So you're allowed to bear arms as long as you keep them in your house?
    Do you also believe that people should only be allowed to exercise their freedom of religion in their house? How about exercising their freedom of speech? Would that be allowed outside the house or would you have the police shoot offenders on sight for these violations as well?

See the problems once you start allowing the government to infringe on individual freedoms?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So you're allowed to bear arms as long as you keep them in your house?
    Do you also believe that people should only be allowed to exercise their freedom of religion in their house? How about exercising their freedom of speech? Would that be allowed outside the house or would you have the police shoot offenders on sight for these violations as well?

See the problems once you start allowing the government to infringe on individual freedoms?

Ok, you know what, I'm going to try this again with you.

What do you suggest be done?

So far you just seem to want to sit with your thumb up your butt.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast