Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I understand just fine,

No you don't. I'll try a 38th time.

I just disagree that it is lazy to point out that allowing police to shoot citizens carrying guns off their property along with taking away their right to due process are bad ideas.

I never said it was. I said that's not what you're doing. You want it to look like it, but you don't even have an attempt at anything resembling action of any sort. You're lazy. You claim to defend the constitution but you're really hiding behind it coming up with everything you can think of that ends in nothing being done. You don't defend the constitution, you use it.

If you still think they are good ideas, go ahead and make an argument instead of attacking me as lazy.

I don't know if they're good ideas or bad ideas. They're just ideas. The thing is, you have the exact response to every idea. If you put some other thought into anything it would be different. But you don't. You don't want anything done. You don't want anything to change. You're scared to even think. You're lazy.
    [QUOTE=tpeichel;12459559]

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

1) You throw out ideas that you're not sure are good or not
    2) I point out they are bad because they are unconstitutional
    3) Therefore I am lazy

You're standing behind this logic?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No, I throw out ideas to see what people think of them.
    Other people do the same.
    You do not.
    Other people have criticisms, but try to think of ways to make it work, using ideas as jumping off points.
    You do not.
    You have one line you repeat over and over no matter what the idea or who's it is.
    You bring nothing to the table.
    You want nothing done.
    You're lazy.
    You disrespect the constitution by claiming to defend it when really using it to justify laziness...or maybe bloodlust.
    You don't live under the constitution, you pull it out to say, "See? I shouldn't have to do anything."

That's the logic I stand behind. Not that I expect you to read or understand a word of it, but that's your choice not mine.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

I believe in personal freedoms and small government. Of course I am going to push back against solutions that require more centralized power, regulations and what necessarily must follow, higher taxation. In the end, more government power always means less individual freedom.

Shooting citizens for carrying any weapon off of their property? Stripping due process from citizens accused of gun crimes? These are ideas that should be treated with disdain and unceremoniously dismissed for the cancer they are to our constitutional government. The really funny thing is that this unconstitutional power grab would do nothing to solve the problem at hand.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I believe in personal freedoms and small government. Of course I am going to push back against solutions that require more centralized power, regulations and what necessarily must follow, higher taxation. In the end, more government power always means less individual freedom.

Shooting citizens for carrying any weapon off of their property? Stripping due process from citizens accused of gun crimes? These are ideas that should be treated with disdain and unceremoniously dismissed for the cancer they are to our constitutional government. The really funny thing is that this unconstitutional power grab would do nothing to solve the problem at hand.

Okay, you guys are focusing too much on "cops can shoot anyone with a gun". The point was carrying a gun off property would be illegal.

And it would do a little to solve the problem at hand. The biggest problem you as a nation have is your culture of gun violence. Your entire society is based on guns. Canada mentions God in our national anthem. You? Bombs and rockets. More firepower!
    Look, you can say I'm treading on you by coming up with ideas on a message board all you want, I really don't care. The thing is something has to be done and anyone who is only standing in the way without also trying to help, is detrimental to society.

That said, there is no one thing that is going to solve the problem at hand. Only accepting a cure-all "miracle pill" solution is just stupid.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

Okay, you guys are focusing too much on "cops can shoot anyone with a gun". The point was carrying a gun off property would be illegal.

And it would do a little to solve the problem at hand.

I disagree. These people are ready to commit mass murder, why would they concern themselves with a law that say they can't take their firearm off of their property?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I disagree. These people are ready to commit mass murder, why would they concern themselves with a law that say they can't take their firearm off of their property?

They wouldn't. I'm not worried about the WITH THIS! Seriously, how many times do I have to say the same thing to the same two people. You can't possibly be this stupid.
    Those people are the symptom. Fixing a symptom will do nothing. Your actual problem is your culture of guns violence and death.

You like death? Then go ahead and focus on the symptom some more. And hey, when you're leg is broken, just take some morphine because pain is the problem, right?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456