Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jacked-Up BGS Card?

So I was reading a couple posts on grading and it triggered my somewhat bizzare sense of humor. Specifically, I want to add a modern era card (low-end auto ideally) that gets slabbed as a "1" or even a "0" (if there are such things) to add as a discussion piece.

Some of my thoughts were to spend a week using the card as a coaster, singe off 1 or more corners with a lighter, add some artistic enhancements (e.g. mustache, disparaging but family friendly remarks about the player) and punching a kitten-shaped hole with one of the arts & crafts hole punchers my niece owns.

Sure, it would be throwing money away, but I do much worse breaking wax and this would certainly make for more laughs. Just curious if anyone has done or seen such a card slabbed. And am I the only one who would find this amusing?
    BUCKET: Hidden Content

Always looking to add to my Giants PC and Inception PC.

That would be kinda funny, but don't do it with an auto!!! Such a disrespect for the player. Use a base card instead
    Supercollecting the Twins and Chris Herrmann
    Also collecting Justin Morneau, Michael Cuddyer, sets, Wild, North Stars
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Check out my baseball blog at dugoutdiscussions.blogspot.com Hidden Content

They may not even do it but you'd be paying them so who know.
    Hidden Content

Urlacher card count - 163

Thats hilarious my younger brother has a 1998 Curtis Enis Ex Rookie that he uses to scrape his marijuana into his pipe that has green edges that we have thought about sending to BGS for fun. Ha

I think if I go forward with it, I have a duplicate Joe Lefeged (sp?) contenders I will use. Maybe I will put it on eBay as a "Pop 1"
    BUCKET: Hidden Content

Always looking to add to my Giants PC and Inception PC.

lol, do it! someone will probably buy it because it's a pop 1. "Only one in the world"

That's great. Really, you would be doing the hobby a favor by reminding us all that it is supposed to be a hobby and we all take it too seriously sometimes. Some more than others.
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

and put a Hello kitty sticker on it!
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

It isn't football and it isn't BGS but here is one that is pretty jacked up!

Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast