Aunt & Uncle of 49ers player killed by drunk driver just hours after the Super Bowl

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...uper-Bowl.html

The aunt and uncle of one of the San Francisco 49ers who were in town to watch their nephew play in the Super Bowl were killed by a drunk driver hours after the game ended, it was revealed today.

Delanie Walker, a tight end, posted on Instagram a picture of him hugging his relatives on the field of the Superdome before the game.

He wrote, 'Alice and bryan young my aunt and uncle was killed on Monday at 5 am after the super bowl by a drunk…'

Walker also Tweeted 'Im going to miss y'all but i know they are in a better place..'

Walker played on the 49ers special team's coverage and also caught three receptions for 48 yards during the team's heartbreaking loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

The couple were stopped on a shoulder on a highway just outside of New Orleans around 5 a.m. when they were rear-ended and their car was soon engulfed in flames.

Nechole Thomas, 26, was speeding in her 2002 Mercedes C230 when she smashed into the Youngs' 2012 Nissan Altima, state police told the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

Thomas managed to escape with only minor injuries before the fires started.

But the Youngs were not as fortunate.

Firefighters put out the flames and found the couple dead inside the still smoldering sedan.

Thomas, from Houston, Texas, was charged with two counts of vehicular homicide, DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.

It took firefighters nearly an hour to extinguish the flames.

Traffic was backed up on the road, Interstate 10, for six miles and it was hours before cars were moving normally again.

This is not Thomas' first run-in with the law.

She was arrested in December 2011 for allegedly using the heel of her stiletto to cause significant damage to another person's car, including causing numerous dents.

She also allegedly broke a TV monitor and DVD player inside the vehicle and was charged with a felony, USA Today said.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

some people think they can do whatever they want without consequence. I hope she's in prison for a long time for this.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

I am always baffled how the drunk walks away from an accident that kills everyone else.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    I am always baffled how the drunk walks away from an accident that kills everyone else.

I agree. My son is a police officer here in the community we live in and i hear it all the time. Unbelievable. It's sad.
    Anything autographed...
    Hidden Content

cause they are so inhibited. Throw a rag doll on the floor and nothing happens. Throw a porcelain doll on the floor and it breaks. This is a little more extreme but is the same concept. A drunks body is loose and will absorb impact better than a sober person that is tense.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

I get the whole loose vs. tense concept, but this woman apparently walked away with hardly a scratch.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

This is so sad, probably one of the happiest days of walkers life turned into one of the worst. God rest his aunt and uncle and may they RIP together.