Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Results 71 to 79 of 79
  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by OPCbreaker43 View Post
    Dont forget as well that the Ravens player who pushed the ref got stomped on.
    You touch a ref, you get ejected.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

  2. #72
    Don't really see why anybody is bitter about how the game ended (see 49ers coach). The 49ers got outplayed for most of the game and the Ravens seemed prepared for the game while the 49ers looked lost for 90% of the game. The 49ers ran questionable plays and made costly turnovers that if you remove the delay and a very stupid kicker trying for a first down this game could have been a total blowout for the Ravens. Fact of the matter was that the 49ers didn't deserve to win and if they did win it would have been more the Ravens gave the game away rather than they got the win. The 49ers couldn't convert the 2 pt conversion and they couldn't get the ball into the end zone with statistically the best running playoff QB when you were only yards away on four plays. Blame bad play calling and failing to get the job done rather than focusing on the refs. Remember these are the union refs so they are suppose to be "good".
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    You touch a ref, you get ejected.
    See, this is the mindset you have as a 49ers fan. You are blinded by the fact that those are penalties as well. You stomp a guy you get ejected. I agree there was a hold, I also agree with many that there was a late hit out of bounds. They call that all the time.

    Trent Dilfer said it best though, and mind you he picked the Niners. He basically said you aren't gonna give the Niners a free set of downs on a bad pass. Was the ball even catchable? Doubt it.

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by OPCbreaker43 View Post
    See, this is the mindset you have as a 49ers fan. You are blinded by the fact that those are penalties as well. You stomp a guy you get ejected. I agree there was a hold, I also agree with many that there was a late hit out of bounds. They call that all the time.

    Trent Dilfer said it best though, and mind you he picked the Niners. He basically said you aren't gonna give the Niners a free set of downs on a bad pass. Was the ball even catchable? Doubt it.
    No, that's what you call when it changes the possible outcome of a game. That's the issue I have with it. The Ravens Knew they weren't going to call anything so they locked up. It was a bad pass because crabtree had no chance to get to the spot. Would he have caught it? No one knows because he couldn't even attempt to. It is what it is, but it was a bad way to allow a game to end. I have just as big a gripe with the playcalling at the end on the niners as well.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

  5. #75
    For the record, not only was Crabtree held on that play in the end zone, but on the other side of the field, there was defensive pass interference (Also not called).

    Just sayin'
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    No, that's what you call when it changes the possible outcome of a game. That's the issue I have with it. The Ravens Knew they weren't going to call anything so they locked up. It was a bad pass because crabtree had no chance to get to the spot. Would he have caught it? No one knows because he couldn't even attempt to. It is what it is, but it was a bad way to allow a game to end. I have just as big a gripe with the playcalling at the end on the niners as well.
    A bad way to allow a game to end IS throwing a flag. And it changes the outcome of the game? Again if they called the personal foul on Flacco (if it was Brady they would of BTW) then that changes the whole outcome of the game. If they called PI on both sides throughout the game. Too many ifs. They were consistent, not good, but they called it both ways the same way. But look at the throw, the ball wasn't even catchable, it would take a huge jump and toe tap and MAYBE Crabtree gets it. There would of been MORE of an issue if they threw a flag.

    Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    For the record, not only was Crabtree held on that play in the end zone, but on the other side of the field, there was defensive pass interference (Also not called).

    Just sayin'
    And a HUGE hold on the kickoff return. They didn't call anything on both sides. Can't have your cake and eat it too though SF fans.

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by OPCbreaker43 View Post
    And a HUGE hold on the kickoff return. They didn't call anything on both sides. Can't have your cake and eat it too though SF fans.
    Uhm...I'm not a 49ers fan, I'm an Eagles fan.....
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    Uhm...I'm not a 49ers fan, I'm an Eagles fan.....
    Congratulations. I was just talking to the SF fans. I quoted you to add to the miss calls.

  9. #79


    rickysigai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,771
    Country
    Card Cash
    390.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I don't think the ball was catchable and if so reed was comming so he easily would have pushed him out of bounds. He would have had to jump for the ball no way he would have got both feet in.
    Hidden Content
    -BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR JULY 2006 ISSUE#196+NOV 2008 ISSUE #220 i collect Ed Reed,Ravens,Baltimore Colts+ nice stuff
    Hidden Content

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •