Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shawnyboy24's Items on eBay

Player with the best following?

Hi!I was reading recently about crazy prices for Felix Potvin cards.I was wondering what other players have such strong following if any.Potvin was a good goalie but to see his cards sell for that much money is surprising to me,he was not on the level of Roy and Brodeur.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See alexandrepratt's Items on eBay

Theoren Fleury

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (359)
    Country

I'd say some players that have HUGE followings that you might not expect off the bat are Arturs Irbe and pretty much any Finnish rookie lol.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Trevor Linden

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Felix Potvin, Trevor Linden, Tony Twist, Richard Brodeur has a very strong following despite their unfavorable stats and merits...

Bill Ranford, Wendel Clark and Ron Hextall has also a strong fan-base.

Just strange to see such many players at lately who has gotten more popular than while when they actually was active then, it is like a huge renaissance of 80's and 90's players nowadays.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Theo's cards have calmed down a bit lately. For a bit some of the rare stuff sold for stupid silly money if the right guys needed them. 2 of the big collectors have sold off their collections & prices have settled a lot since then.
    Hidden Content cmb=cook more bacon Hidden Content
    I collect Theo Fleury, Lyle Odelein, Gary Roberts & Dave Manson

SCF Rewards
    Country

Theo's cards have calmed down a bit lately. For a bit some of the rare stuff sold for stupid silly money if the right guys needed them. 2 of the big collectors have sold off their collections & prices have settled a lot since then.

Your avatar is awesome

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalie4501's Items on eBay

I was thinking the same thing... RIP Dime.

All about supply and demand. Arturs Irbe has a lot of loyal fans that collect everything Irbe, like myself. I remember getting a few cards years ago on Ebay for a lot less than they would now. Some of his cards never seem to come around and when they do, you know that there are 3 or 4 fans ready to pay whatever it takes. Irbe was a fan favorite and still is today... hope he plays in some kind of alumni game down the road.
    Hidden Content
    Irbe3201’s PC:
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jffoland's Items on eBay

trevor linden and pavel bure seem to sell real well

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Felix Potvin, Trevor Linden, Tony Twist, Richard Brodeur has a very strong following despite their unfavorable stats and merits...

Bill Ranford, Wendel Clark and Ron Hextall has also a strong fan-base.

Just strange to see such many players at lately who has gotten more popular than while when they actually was active then, it is like a huge renaissance of 80's and 90's players nowadays.

Well, I remember Pot in was the hottest goalie going in the mid 90s and was doing it for the Leafs. That explains him.
    Tough guys always have a following. That explains Twist.
    Linden is the most popular player the Canucks have ever had. He captained two teams (Canucks and Islanders) and took one of those teams to within a goal of the Cup (literally, he scored both goals in the 3-2 game 7 loss) and Richard Brodeur was the first real elite goalie the Canucks had and the first goalie to take them to the finals.
    No idea why the two of them would be popular in the hobby...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast