Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

lol. Yup. Bill Ranford has a few very dedicated collectors. When two or three of us don't have a card that shows up on eBay.... the prices can get pretty crazy. "Book Value" doesn't seem to matter.

For newer cards though, stuff out of 25 (for example) or more.... once the first few have been sold, the bidding wars stop getting as bad, and prices come down a lot.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cyclone Taylor from the 1910's

When any of his ITG Mem or numbered cards come up for auction look out.

And it is all due to 2 collectors.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hextall is popular due to his, let's call it unique style of play. Granted for the Broad Street Bullies you'd expect nothing less but we're talking a goalie who got into fights, hit people, scored twice (via actual shot into net), and was generally considered a mean SOB to play against. The rules are different now, you can't play how he played (quite literally), but it was entertaining as all hell.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Andy Moog still very popular.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See ajk0565's Items on eBay

Linden definatley

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hextall is popular due to his, let's call it unique style of play. Granted for the Broad Street Bullies you'd expect nothing less but we're talking a goalie who got into fights, hit people, scored twice (via actual shot into net), and was generally considered a mean SOB to play against. The rules are different now, you can't play how he played (quite literally), but it was entertaining as all hell.

It's just exactly because that I miss the 80's and 90's of goaltending...
    Goalies in nowadays are so frickin' boring and calm with no temper like robots plus almost all plays in exactly same style (angles, make big ín the net and blocking) plus many are bad with sticks compared with 80's and 90's goalies....

I'm quite surprised to see that there're so few who collects active goalies, while many retired goalies got a huge following.... maybe becuase they're just more fun to watch than goalies of todays?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Any Finnish player, with some examples:09-10 Upper Deck Kimmo Timonen High Gloss - ended up with two, both sold over 130$ on auctionmy buddy pulled the 12-13 Black Diamond Filppula Emerald auto /10, told em stick it up for 100$ on ebay OBO, sold for 90$ within the hourFinnish collectors LOVE anything of anyone from their home land /10 and under and will pay top dollarOthers:Like said above, Theo Fleury always sells good, and Low Numbered Trevor Linden items always sell very good as well (Had his Captain C patch /9, went for around 180$)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Carey Price because he is assumed to be the second coming of Patrick Roy...he isn't.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalie4501's Items on eBay

It's just exactly because that I miss the 80's and 90's of goaltending...
    Goalies in nowadays are so frickin' boring and calm with no temper like robots plus almost all plays in exactly same style (angles, make big ín the net and blocking) plus many are bad with sticks compared with 80's and 90's goalies....

I'm quite surprised to see that there're so few who collects active goalies, while many retired goalies got a huge following.... maybe becuase they're just more fun to watch than goalies of todays?

I collect all goalies since I love the position and enjoy tending goal myself. I agree that todays goalie are very similar to one another since they are all playing much the same style of technical goaltending. The 90's had some great goalies that had character, attitude, swagger, and individuality. Belfour beat the snot out of you and defended the crease himself, Roy had a sloppy butterfly that all the current goalies seem to perfect, Hasek was all over the place and is an example of someone that wouldn't get past an NHL tryout based on his style in todays NHL, of course Irbe, the last to wear the old Jofa bucket and repair his pads till they fell apart... The list goes on and on. Brodeur might be the last of the 90's but is still fun to watch... Todays goalies are still fun to watch but Id love to go back in time to see Plante and Sawchuk in their prime.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

A few I could think of are Ed Belfour, Brett Hull, Manon Rheaume, and Luc Robitaille.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast