Thread: Done with Topps

Done with Topps

So I'm done with Topps...
    Recently I bought some Allen & Ginter boxes from their site, they were supposed to be 2011 & 2012 boxes... they were all 2012.
    There was a nice letter explaining that they ran out of 2011 so I got all 2012. No big deal I guess.

BUT, they were supposed to be hobby boxes, it turns out I realize after the fact that they were actually retail boxes, with a big difference of hits, etc.
    I'm not happy. So, over the course of a few I weeks I send them 5 emails. All very polite, but all explaining that I did not get what I paid for. I get NO REPONSE. ZERO. NOT even an autoreply or anything. So I try calling (twice) and spend about 45 mins on the phone and can't get a person so I give up. I'm just stunned. I can't even FATHOM customer service this bad in a real industry.

Is there something I'm missing? PLEASE if you have had luck with Topps tell me what you did.
    Needs: Brewers Pitcher Mark Rogers '04 pick
    Red Sox - HOF & Current Players
    Current Patriots Cards
    Larry Bird, Carmelo/Lebron/Wade RC's

You obviously have never had to deal with Comcast. WORST customer service ever. Hope you hear something back though, this sucks.

See, this is the problem. They have no competition, so they can do whatever the heck they want. And where else can collectors go?
    Collector of:
    Twins, Chris Herrmann, Justin Morneau, Jason Tyner, Jim Thome, sets
    Wild, North Stars, Jason Zucker
    Hidden Content

Dont buy from topps direct. Just go through your local shop or reputable ebay dealer. Any company that big will dwarf you if any problems come up. Thats why its better to deal with the middle man. Less hassle and they will correct their mistakes promptly.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

HAH - I did. once. I'm a dish network customer forever now.

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuchBuffness View Post
    You obviously have never had to deal with Comcast. WORST customer service ever. Hope you hear something back though, this sucks.
    Current Patriots Cards

Dish is any better?

I'm a DirecTV guy...

Quote Originally Posted by matt_curren View Post
    HAH - I did. once. I'm a dish network customer forever now.

did you open the retail boxes?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Collecting Matthew Stafford-Philip Rivers-Brock Osweiler-Russell Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by deansayso View Post
    Dish is any better?

I'm a DirecTV guy...
    I've heard good things about both, can't complain about dish. I think it is slightly cheaper than directv
    Virtually everyone I know has one or the other. Cable sucks, period.

No I didn't open them.
    Current Patriots Cards