Thread: Done with Topps

Done with Topps

So I'm done with Topps...
    Recently I bought some Allen & Ginter boxes from their site, they were supposed to be 2011 & 2012 boxes... they were all 2012.
    There was a nice letter explaining that they ran out of 2011 so I got all 2012. No big deal I guess.

BUT, they were supposed to be hobby boxes, it turns out I realize after the fact that they were actually retail boxes, with a big difference of hits, etc.
    I'm not happy. So, over the course of a few I weeks I send them 5 emails. All very polite, but all explaining that I did not get what I paid for. I get NO REPONSE. ZERO. NOT even an autoreply or anything. So I try calling (twice) and spend about 45 mins on the phone and can't get a person so I give up. I'm just stunned. I can't even FATHOM customer service this bad in a real industry.

Is there something I'm missing? PLEASE if you have had luck with Topps tell me what you did.
    Needs: Brewers Pitcher Mark Rogers '04 pick
    Red Sox - HOF & Current Players
    Current Patriots Cards
    Larry Bird, Carmelo/Lebron/Wade RC's

I didn't think they sold hobby. Only retail from their site. I'm assuming they said hobby though on the page?

As far as I know of, Topps store only does retail boxes, example. 24 pack box of 2012 Bowman Chrome states there are 3 cards per pack. Hobby boxes carry 4 per pack. Blaster boxes are also 3 per pack as well.
    I collect Trevor May,​Drew Doughty

I thought it said hobby when I bought it, but I must have been wrong since you both had the same thought. Thanks for the help!
    I just wish someone at topps had told me that in one of my many emails to them.
    Needs: Brewers Pitcher Mark Rogers '04 pick
    Red Sox - HOF & Current Players
    Current Patriots Cards
    Larry Bird, Carmelo/Lebron/Wade RC's

Kinda stupid that the official website of Topps would sell retail. I mean you can pick up retail at Wal Mart or Target. Why would you go online to get that? Hobby would be nice for those without card shops and such or those that don't want to deal with 3rd party online sellers for hobby boxes.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Kinda stupid that the official website of Topps would sell retail. I mean you can pick up retail at Wal Mart or Target. Why would you go online to get that? Hobby would be nice for those without card shops and such or those that don't want to deal with 3rd party online sellers for hobby boxes.
    We're talking about Topps now! LOL.

But yes, true they should sell hobby boxes directly. I believe they'd do very well with that!
    I collect Trevor May,​Drew Doughty

They only sell retail, but never list boxes as retail, and sell them at hobby box prices. It is purposely misleading. Watch out!

I never received my redemption auto from Triple Threads I sent in September...
    COLLECTING YASIEL PUIG
    WTTF or WTB 2013 Topps Update Emerald US129 David Wright
    Hidden Content <<<CLICK ME>>> Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I'm done with buying Topps A&G . Seems you only get fewer & Fewer Baseball anymore . I Thought Lets try a Grab bag , Maybe better luck , WRONG I got 1 card of my team . It seems the box had over 50% Non Sports cards .
    Hi !! I'm a Detroit Tigers Fan and I've been collecting on and off for 40 + years ! I collect Alan Trammell & Justin Verlanders Primarily ! But I am working on Team sets from 1952 - present ! And am currently working on building some sets !Hidden Content GO TIGERS !!

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Not a huge fan of Topps. I don't see why sell retail on the website when you can pick it up at your local Walmart or target. I don't have a LCS that stocks hobby boxes just his pulls and only sells at BV so I have to buy blusters most of the time when I want a decent break
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content