Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Whats your dream card?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

Yes PLEASE!!

Why stop at the Hansons tho? The whole team, Killer Carlson, Reg Dunlop, Denis Lemieux, Ned Braden, ALL of them!!!

there would be the team checklist of course.....with Ned in the final stages of his stripteze...

we would also need Oggie Oglethorpe, Tim "Dr. Hook" McCracken, Clarence "Screaming Buffalo" Swamptown...

someone contact O-Pee-Chee right now!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

there would be the team checklist of course.....with Ned in the final stages of his stripteze...

we would also need Oggie Oglethorpe, Tim "Dr. Hook" McCracken, Clarence "Screaming Buffalo" Swamptown...

A whole Federal League set or insert set, and you wouldn't even need an NHL or NHLPA license! You WOULD need to track down all the guys or their estates for permission tho. Soooooooo that's probably the end of that eh?

Ohhhhh to dream..............

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

A whole Federal League set or insert set, and you wouldn't even need an NHL or NHLPA license! You WOULD need to track down all the guys or their estates for permission tho. Soooooooo that's probably the end of that eh?

Ohhhhh to dream..............

I dont think you'd need permission from their estates to have a card made for your PC, i do a lot of custom work for people for their PCs.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I dont think you'd need permission from their estates to have a card made for your PC, i do a lot of custom work for people for their PCs.

True, but Xpuck is talking about a OPC set or insert set or whatever........Me? I'd take anything worth displaying :)

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

True, but Xpuck is talking about a OPC set or insert set or whatever........Me? I'd take anything worth displaying :)

People use older card designs all the time, i believe its illegal to call it your own and sell it but if you were to inscribe in the back "design copied from 1991 OPC set" or something like that would be allowed

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Marian Gaborik (Rangers) / Pavel Bure (Canucks) Dual Auto/Shield 1/1

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The back of the Lemieux should be the rules of the game in his words.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Brian Kilrea Auto (non 1/1)

(calling Dr. Price. You can do it)
    Last edited by hossa18sens; 01-30-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think I need to do an S&T Thread again......

I will give Panini a bit of props here. They've done cards of more than just the Hansons.

Ned Braden (well, Michael Ontkean) had a 'Fans of the Game' insert / autograph in 2010-11 Donruss.

Connie Madiagan, played Ross "Mad Dog" Madison (Bulldogs, championship game - guy who gave the finger to the crowd as he was introduced) also played a few games for the St. Louis Blues back in the 70s. Panini made an auto'd rookie card of him in 2011-12 Certified.

Bruce Budreau was an extra in the film. He played for the Johnstown Jets at the time.... and like most the players, he got a bit part (no lines). I *THINK* it was as a member of the Hyanisport Presidents, but not 100% sure on that. He had an auto in Zenith as a coach.

Finally, Paul Newman had a cut signature in 2010-11 Dominion. Does have a small head shot from the movie in the top corner... mentions both Paul Newman & "Reggie Dunlop" on the card, and refers to him as player / coach. It's a 1/1, and I can tell you for an absolute fact that its not available ;)

Having said all that, I would LOVE to see someone make an insert set (or subset) that includes the entire cast. You could probably do 50 cards. Make base and auto'd versions.

I would imagine though - you'd have to deal with whomever owns the movie rights.... to be able to use actual stills from the film in making the cards / federal league logos. You'd also have to reach an agreement with the players to use their image (and certainly their autograph). Their imagine in the movie might be something that the studio owns.... and could allow for use on its own... I don't know..... but I can't imagine that Denis Lemieux, Nick Brophy, Tim McKracken, or Walt would be opposed to making the cards, or signing them.

For guys like Newman, Strother Martin, and Moe (I can't remember the actor's name that played Moe in the movie) autos wouldn't be an option.... other than cuts. That shouldn't stop them from making a set like this though.

Heck, the more I think about it..... if someone were to do a "box" set type thing, I'd be all over it too. Thinking along the style of ITG's Tough Customer's a while back.... or when they did BTP as a box set.

Yes PLEASE!!

Why stop at the Hansons tho? The whole team, Killer Carlson, Reg Dunlop, Denis Lemieux, Ned Braden, ALL of them!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I gots the Braden.........

I gots the Madigan..........

I didn't know about the Boudreau, but I gots a 78/79 OPC rc somewheres............ but mannnnn a uniform-looking set or sub-set or something would be sweeeeeeeeeet.

How's that Dunlop 1/1 working out for you?? And what's your address hahahaaaaaaaa

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast