Thread: Whats your dream card?
01-28-2013, 12:27 PM #21
01-28-2013, 12:30 PM #22
I enjoy trying to put sets together.
Maybe a HHOF set??? Have every player that made the hockey hall of fame with their complete stats.
If you wanted parallel cards, players who played for multiple teams could have a parallel card with them pictured in the uniform of each team. The more teams they played for the more parallels. However the backs of the cards could be identical. The base card would be the first team the player played on. So Gretzky would have 4 cards. His base card would have him pictured in an oilers' jersey. Then he would have parallel cards with him pictured in LA, St. Louis and Rangers.
Not having autos or mem would make this cheap to produce. Would others buy it?
Is this something ITG would be able to make since all the players are retired?
01-28-2013, 01:00 PM #23
Bobby Orr 1966 Topps Rookie that does not have one of the following:
Creases from Bike Spokes
Jiffy-Marker or Sharpie Black or Red Afro
Jiffy-Marker or Sharpie Black Glasses
Jiffy-Marker or Sharpie Beard
Jiffy-Marker or Sharpie Mustache
Jiffy-Marker or Sharpie "Good Player" written somewhere on the card.Collecting many HOF Cards, Old OPC, Old Parkhurst, Old Topps.
Want List:Hidden Content
01-28-2013, 01:12 PM #24
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR Stephen Harper, Frazer McLaren, Nicklas Backstrom, and any Lacrosse cards!
01-28-2013, 02:43 PM #25
My choice would be an auto set of all living HOFers, all with on-card autos. The set would have some rules:
1) No SSPs. I want everyone to have a chance to put together the set, not just those with deep pockets.
2) No parallels, gold versions, die-cut versions, or anything else. There can be a non-auto base set, but no parallels for the autographed cards.
3) No trying to include deceased players through the use of cut autos.
4) No stickers.
5) Cards aren't overly thick, maybe 50-pt.
6) All cards are licensed, and players are included in the uniform with which they are most commonly associated.
7) Include not just players, but coaches, builders, etc.
01-28-2013, 03:06 PM #26
01-28-2013, 03:17 PM #27
01-28-2013, 06:15 PM #28
Something that of course would never exist, and of course would never be able to afford, but a Tim Horton Cut Auto/Shield Card, wouldnt that be amazingCollecting 13-14 Upper Deck Series 1 Shining Stars RAINBOWS: 21/50 (42% complete)
01-28-2013, 06:23 PM #29
01-28-2013, 07:05 PM #30