Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It's going to be a very unpleasant experience I think for a lot of Canadian buyers starting soon when they see the new charges pop up - if they're not aware of the USPS policy they're likely going to be accusing people of over-charging on s/h for listings to "make up" for lower sales prices.

Is there a change to all shipping services to Canada? It may be worth looking into alternatives to the standard PWE or bubble mailer format for shipping. I know that in a lot of cases it can be less expensive for us Canucks to send a small box to the States than within Canada, perhaps that's a thing to consider? I honestly don't know what they're planning to do with all rates down there, so I'm just spit-balling ideas.

I think rates across the board internationally and domestically went up. A pwe is now starting at $1.10 internationally (.25 cent increase) and since alot of buyers/traders tend to hate them they are going to have to either take the new prices or learn to love the pwe now. Though with this new increase I expect my trades/sales to decrease significantly as well.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Would you ship a low value jersey card via PWE?

i wouldnt

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jpdsportscards's Items on eBay

FML....I just bought a The Cup case

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ericspiece's Items on eBay

I changed my ebay items to have a calculated shipping price. Can someone let me know what the prices look like from canada for an item from my store?

Here is a screenshot of your Leaf Signature Series White AU RC, as seen from eBay.ca. I am logged in:

Looks like $9.05 is the going rate to Ottawa. Your Kobe Beam Team is listed at $30.00 S/H, but I don't think you've used the calculator on that one; seems to be a flat rate for the higher-end card.
    Last edited by ericsnewmsn; 01-28-2013 at 02:30 AM.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Now that the price of shipping a bubble mailer from the US to Canada has doubled, what can I do to ease the blow to my customers? Free cards? Eliminate additional item charges? I know about the PWE method, but buyers on eBay generally frown on this method.

I totally disagree ......

I just sold 57 cards in the past week. Canadian customers are embracing the Re-Inforced PWE. From 1999-2002 I also sold like this on eBay, then people started getting persnickety, because at that time a bubble envelop was only 88 cents to send to Canada.

My customers on eBay are thrilled that they are getting their cards in 5 days instead of 18 days. Cards go straight through, they do not sit in a Canada Customs In-Bond warehouse for 7 days or more like they do when you use a bubble envelop.

I have had NO Issues in over 300 eBay sales since October in switching back to Re-Inforced PWE.
    Last edited by centrehice; 01-28-2013 at 03:10 AM.

BANNED

Country

Would you ship a low value jersey card via PWE?

I have with no issues

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

Doesnt it make the envelope too thick? I thought the mail sorter would crush the toploader?

BANNED

Country

Doesnt it make the envelope too thick? I thought the mail sorter would crush the toploader?

Nonmachinable. That's all it takes from my experience

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

I'd rather pay the higher price and get a card shipped in a bubble mailer than nickel and dime to risk damage in a PWE. Canadian buyers just need to be understanding when it comes to dealing with US sellers and adjust their bidding strategies accordingly by maybe bidding a few bucks less to offset some of the cost. It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

BANNED

Country

I'd rather pay the higher price and get a card shipped in a bubble mailer than nickel and dime to risk damage in a PWE. Canadian buyers just need to be understanding when it comes to dealing with US sellers and adjust their bidding strategies accordingly by maybe bidding a few bucks less to offset some of the cost. It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

Well PWE, when done right, shouldnt be an issue. The problem is buyers all around the world are so fickle that a price raise of this magnitude will hurt sellers no matter what they do. EBays dsr system is so strict that sellers have to oblige to every little thing and then still hope to get a 5 star. Unt eBay changes the DSR system for international sales, there will be an issue.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast