Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cal Hubbard Cut Auto What would you do?

So I just got my mail delivered and got my Cal Hubbard Cut Auto I bought on Ebay. Here is the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271131389540...84.m1439.l2649

The clown charged me $9 for shipping. Well when I opened the Priority Mail envelope here is what I found. Another Priority Mail envelope. So I opened that one. And guess what another Priority mail envelope. So I open that one. And I find my Cal Hubbard Cut Auto. In a Penny Sleeve. No Top loader, no magnetic, Nothing just a penny sleeve. Not even with tape on it. Also both of the top corners are dinged on the back. Most likely during shipping. I paid $260 for this card. What should I do?
    I collect Yankees, NY Giants & Chargers Cards. I Need YSL cards for my set. If you have any let me know the numbers.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    If it a pic item see of he will give you 50 bucks if not you'll have to go through ebay as item damaged
    Hidden Content
    -BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR JULY 2006 ISSUE#196+NOV 2008 ISSUE #220 i collect Ed Reed,Ravens,Baltimore Colts+ nice stuff
    Hidden Content

If I paid that much for a PC card that was damaged due to poor packaging I would send it back. More than likely it will be listed again and you can get it for a cheaper price.

I think i would take a pic and ask for a partial refund of $100. If he is going to charge that much money he needs to use it to ship safely. Paypal will side with you in an item not as described and he is risking negative feedback. let us know what happens
    Hidden Content

Find these Bill Dudley inserts and make big $$$
    Dudley Autos: 230 and counting!
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

Here is a scan of the back. Sorry it is not great. But you can still see the damage. Probably just going to keep it and just leave him a Neg. Doesn't seem like he wants to correct it. And it is a hard auto to find. And I need it for my NY Giants HOF PC. Down to 3 now.

I collect Yankees, NY Giants & Chargers Cards. I Need YSL cards for my set. If you have any let me know the numbers.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

That's awful. I would definitely ask for a partial refund, and then go through paypal if that doesn't work!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content (finally organized!) and Hidden Content
    Current Project: 2013 Golden Age Minis Master Set: 683/750 cards (91.1%)

SCF's Resident BOISE STATE Collector
    Matt Ware & Justin Cobbs Super Collector

I sent him an email and he said he always mails out his cut autos in a penny sleeve. And has never had a complain. Also he said I was being to picky with the corners. Because they are not that bad. So I just left a Neg. Not going to mail the card back because I need it for my Giants PC.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlebert View Post
    That's awful. I would definitely ask for a partial refund, and then go through paypal if that doesn't work!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Pretty crazy, but I actually did a deal with that guy about two weeks ago, involving that same Hubbard you bought. I bought an Eppa Rixey cut from him, along with the Hubbard. He sent me the Rixey (had back damage, but incredibly rare auto so I decided to keep it), and instead of the Hubbard, he sends me a Paul Waner auto. He Asks me to return the Waner and he will send the Hubbard. I do as asked, and at the last second, I decided to tell him I don't want the Hubbard anymore because I don't want another mis-described card. Luckily, a day later someone else lists a beautiful Hubbard and I get that one for much cheaper than his. I told him the Rixey had back damage, and he said "send it back if you're unhappy", lol.

Oh, and both cards were shipped in penny sleeves, without toploaders Charged me $22 for shipping, which I was very unhappy with but I needed Rixey very badly.

Small world!

That is pretty funny. Is this the Hubbard you won? I was bidding on it but forgot about it. Yeah the guy is a fool. I ended up leaving him a Neg today. Hopefully he doesn't hose anyone else. The back 2 corners of the Hubbard are dinged. But I need the card for my Giants PC. So I will live with it. And he said the same thing to me. He even added that I was being to picky and the card is not that bad.
    Why didn't you leave him a Neg?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-SP-LEGEND...p2047675.l2557

Quote Originally Posted by Buggins1989 View Post
    Pretty crazy, but I actually did a deal with that guy about two weeks ago, involving that same Hubbard you bought. I bought an Eppa Rixey cut from him, along with the Hubbard. He sent me the Rixey (had back damage, but incredibly rare auto so I decided to keep it), and instead of the Hubbard, he sends me a Paul Waner auto. He Asks me to return the Waner and he will send the Hubbard. I do as asked, and at the last second, I decided to tell him I don't want the Hubbard anymore because I don't want another mis-described card. Luckily, a day later someone else lists a beautiful Hubbard and I get that one for much cheaper than his. I told him the Rixey had back damage, and he said "send it back if you're unhappy", lol.

Oh, and both cards were shipped in penny sleeves, without toploaders Charged me $22 for shipping, which I was very unhappy with but I needed Rixey very badly.

Small world!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Man wish I would have known you a couple years ago. i pulled a Classics (wanna say 09) Emlen Tunnell cut auto 1/1 It was a gorgeous auto at the top of a program and had The New York Football Giants and the kicker logo on it. Was one of the best cards I have ever pulled in my life.
    Hidden Content

Find these Bill Dudley inserts and make big $$$
    Dudley Autos: 230 and counting!
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast