Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baseballislife1984's Items on eBay

Several White Whales in the Mail Today!

The whale mail keeps on coming! This time, the whale was only 18 years in the making!

The 1995-96 Topps USA Home Grown cards were only inserted in USA only hobby boxes and came at a rate of 1:36 packs. These odds don't sound so tough, however after chasing these cards since they came out, I have only seen the Richter, Vanbiesbrouck & Roenick. I challenge anyone on the boards to do a search for any card selling site on the internet and I guarntee you will not find any of the Topps Home Grown USA cards for sale anywhere!

I'm highly convinced that in 1995-96, the Topps Series II did not sell well and many cases remain sealed in a warehouse somewhere. You just don't see a whole lot of series II singles on the market or sealed product.

The set consists of 10 cards and I managed to land 9 of them in a single trade. The last card I need is Chris Chelios.

My scanner does not work great when protective plastic is on, however with the sensitive condition of the homegrown cards, I left them on as to not damage any of the cards further..

I added some Home Grown Canada series one cards as well. These are not as tough to come by.

After crossing those Home Grown USA cards off my wantlist, I really feel like I can finish this master set!
    Last edited by jbudny; 01-28-2013 at 09:55 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Awesome additions to your PC. Good luck finding the Chelios. I know when you told me how hard these cards were to find, I searched for the USA cards and I couldn't find any. If I ever come across the Chelios, I will let you know.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

Great progress and good luck on tracking down the Chelios!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the comments guys! Hopefully I can track down the Chelios!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome additions to your PC. Good luck finding the Chelios. I know when you told me how hard these cards were to find, I searched for the USA cards and I couldn't find any. If I ever come across the Chelios, I will let you know.

I searched daily for these cards for the last little while! They never come up anywhere! COMC is a stock image of the Chelios card, however they don't have it in stock.

Where did you find your Robitaille Home Grown card? I have never seen another!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I searched daily for these cards for the last little while! They never come up anywhere! COMC is a stock image of the Chelios card, however they don't have it in stock.

Where did you find your Robitaille Home Grown card? I have never seen another!

I bought it a few years ago on E-Bay. I don't remember the details but it seems to me it wasn't that much. I think it came from a big dealer, but I can't remember which one.