Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by stlcardinalsfan View Post
    1983 topps
    1986 topps
    2001 topps
    2010 topps (loved this design)
    2012 topps (looked nice as well)
    I totally agree with this. 1989 was my most favorite Topps set, with 83 in 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by stlcardinalsfan View Post
    not so nice

most of these i could spot in a box of 10,000 mixed cards just because they are so darn ugly lmao

1987 topps
    1988 score (ugly)
    1990 topps
    1990 donrus (OMG ORANGE )
    1991 topps
    1991 donrus
    1991 fleer (YELLOW)
    for sure...what was up with the wood paneling borders? Ugh...
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by gps29070 View Post

Best Upper Deck design - For their first couple of years, they focused on more quality photos then card design on both sides of the card. So I'll say 1990, a clean design that emphasized the photos.
    yep. I still feel that the first 3 years of UD was their best, for pretty much the same reasons
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

I really like a lot of old pinnacle stuff...they always had some of the best photography. 1997 Zenith comes to mind...I bought so much of that stuff back in the day! I remember trading my LCS a Ken Griffey Jr UD RC for a box of 97 Zenith and a 92 Topps Traded factory set (Nomar RC). I used to have all the 8x10s including dufex parallels but sold them a ways back.

1950's = 1959 Topps, simple and classic
    1960's = 1960 Topps, the more I see them the more I like them
    1970's = 1971 Topps, bad black
    1980's = 1983 Fleer and Topps, both designs a bit more sophisticated
    1990's = 1997 New Pinnacle, a little flashy, but nice looking
    2000's = 2004 UD Timeless Teams and 2005 UD All-Star Classics, freaking gorgeous. Base set? '03 or '04 Upper Deck
    2010's = 2010 Topps, colorful and dynamic.
    My Want list site:
    Hidden Content

Cards - they're like 2" by 3" slices of crack!!

My favorites:

1953 Bowman color. The most beautiful baseball card set ever. No writing on the front whatsoever, just stunning color photos of some of the all-time greats. Favorites: Stan Musial, Ralph Kiner (the first from the set I've owned)
    1954 Topps. There's just something about this set that resonates with me. Favorite: Hank Aaron's rookie card.
    1909 T206 tobacco cards, American Tobacco Co. I've never been a smoker, but had I lived back then, I'd have bought tobacco like a crazy man just to get these cards (and thrown the rest out). Each card is a little work of art. Favorites: Piedmont Honus Wagner, Piedmont Ty Cobb (bat off shoulder)
    1958 Topps. Just a classic. Brilliant color. Favorite: Roberto Clemente (one of my all-time favorite cards).
    1989 Upper Deck. The beginning of the modern card. Thicker stock, glossy photography. Favorite: Card #1, Ken Griffey Jr (of course!)
    1980 Topps. One of my all-time favorite sets. Favorites: Rickey Henderson rookie, Robin Yount.
    1956 Topps. Similar in design to the '55 set, just incredible! Favorites: Sandy Koufax, Roberto Clemente (great action shot), Ted Williams
    1933 Goudey Gum. Favorite: Lou Gehrig
    2012 Bowman Chrome. One of the best modern sets, and the best of the chromes. They finally did away with that stupid facsimile autograph.
    1971 Topps. Very tough to get these cards in high grade because the black chipped so easily. Favorites: Clemente, Thurman Munson.
    1953 Topps. Favorite: Willie Mays
    Last edited by the 'stache; 02-26-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

Let me add 2012 Topps Museum to the list. One of the nicest looking sets I've ever seen, and the cards I've gotten have been in great shape. I love the archival on card autos.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12