Best Looking Set/Series

Ok, so I used the thread search function and was surprised that this did not come up (and if a thread like this does exist well then sue me).

What is your most favorite set/series from any decade?

for me:

1970's - Topps 1977-78
    1980's - Topps 1981-82 (this was hard cause I think all of the 80's cards were pretty bad design wise)
    1990's - Upper Deck 1991-92

I got out of collecting after 1993...
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

Leaf Preferred Steel and Topps Gold Label as issues

As a Subset: 1997-98 Crown Royale - Freeze-Out Die-Cut Inserts. Coolest designed cards ever made.

UD 91? Eugh ugly set man. I searched this same thing for a good while when I was finding base cards of retired players. There is actually a thread on here about this I made a while back that has some suggestions:

http://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...s-from-the-90s

I won't quote the long post but if you go on the 2nd last post of that thread, it contains images of what I found to be some of the best sets. I also love ones that have a cut like certain McDonald's Atomic cards.

My favourite base cards are the thick ones like Panini Prime, UD Cup, and Dominion.
    Buying: ITG Enshrined base cards: Hidden Content and similar base cards showing career stats for pre-60s retired hockey players

1998-99 Upper Deck
    1997-98 Leaf International
    2012-13 Certified
    Collecting Patrick Roy: 1160 cards

My Traders: Hidden Content

1998-99 Topps Gold Label - beautiful designs all around
    2008-09 UD Masterpieces - great retro style looking set, great for in person autos
    2011-12 Parkhurst Champions - another great looking base set all around
    Collecting 13-14 Upper Deck Series 1 Shining Stars RAINBOWS: 21/50 (42% complete)

Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    Leaf Preferred Steel and Topps Gold Label as issues

As a Subset: 1997-98 Crown Royale - Freeze-Out Die-Cut Inserts. Coolest designed cards ever made.
    I do agree!

97-98 had quite some amazing sets (IMO) Donruss Preferred, Leaf Limited and Pinnacle (all those EPIX's!)

But it's almost impossible to make a better set than the mighty 98-99 Topps Gold Label...I really love the concept of to have different pics of the player for ever classes (1, 2 and 3).
    PC-PLAYERS: Tom Barrasso & Johan Hedberg - Hidden Content
    MOST WANTED!!!
    *13-14 PANINI PRIME COLORS - TOM BARRASSO - PAYS WELL!
    AND ALL CARDS WITH BARRASSO FROM 13-14 PANINI NATIONAL TREASURES/FLAWLESS