Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2012-13 Panini Prizm Box

Box break:
    Base set: 69 out of 200 cards. No doubles. Notable: Kobe Bryant, Derrick Rose.

RCs: 43 out of 100 cards. No doubles. Notable: Anthony Davis, Damian Lillard

Parallels:
    Prizms (4): Deron Williams, Stephen Jackson, Nene, Kevin Garnett (Finalists subset).

Inserts:
    Finalists: 1 out of 38: Robert Horry
    Most Valuable Players: 1 out of 25: Kevin Garnett

Autographs (2): Allan Houston, Evan Fournier (both stickers)

Review:
    Beautiful metal design of the base cards. It's easy to see why this product is so popular.
    Strangely enough though, after a while I lost the fun in breaking this box. The value of this particular box also feels very low.
    I did okay with the base and the RCs, but still, I was disappointed by this box. Okay, no gold prizm, I can live with that. But I had expected a bit more from the parallels and inserts. I also didn't feel so satisfied with the autographs, but then you go through the list of possible player autographs and you have to admit that it could have been even worse.

Most valuable card: Autographs Allan Houston
    Most happy with: Anthony Davis and Damian Lillard RCs.
    Trying to complete sets? I thought about it for a while.
    Got what I was promised? Exactly 120 (=20x6) cards.

Overall design of the cards: 7.5/10
    Fun of breaking: 3/10
    Value for money: 3/10
    Would I buy a second box? Rationally thinking: no. If I was to complete the set it would be a lot cheaper to buy the cards separately. On the other hand, you'll get an extra shot at hitting a gold prizm. Anyone has an idea of the insert rates of these gold prizms, as you almost need to hit one of those or one of the 10 or so valuable autographs to get real value from this product, if you are looking to use these cards for trading.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See vitin01's Items on eBay

It sounds like the retail boxes are a better bet based on other threads in the forum. It does sound like a tough break. Thanks for the review!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See glaspi2's Items on eBay

Would I buy a second box? Rationally thinking: no. If I was to complete the set it would be a lot cheaper to buy the cards separately. On the other hand, you'll get an extra shot at hitting a gold prizm. Anyone has an idea of the insert rates of these gold prizms, as you almost need to hit one of those or one of the 10 or so valuable autographs to get real value from this product, if you are looking to use these cards for trading.

I think there are about two per case